Recent Posts

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Can we say "OUCH!"

This morning I woke up with a bit of a sore back. Its happened before and probably comes from the fact that on occasion when my two year old wakes up in the middle of the night, I will lay in her bed and try and get her back to sleep. On occasion (more times than I would like to admit) I will pass out in there for an hour or two before finding my way back to my own bed. Her mattress is harder than mine.

So, I usually just hop into a hot shower and its usually fine for the rest of the day. I do just that, I go and hop in, let the hot water hit and soothe my back. My toddler decides she wants in there with me, find I hold her in the shower. We finish, I climb out and then she does. I wrap her up in a towel, pick her up and use my toes to grab her training diaper that fell on the floor. That did it! Out went my back! I shouted to my husband to come and get her. (I couldn't even bend down to put her down).

Gosh sounds funny, but should you seem me right now, when I stand, from my waist down, its straight, but from my waist up, its hunched a bit forward, and I am totally leaning to the left! I can't straighten up and it hurts to sit, stand, walk..etc.. I eventually gave in and took one of my husbands muscle relaxants that was prescribed to him when he hurt his shoulder and it hasn't even take the edge off. I am sitting here on the computer, trying to get a few readings caught up and finding myself taking so long because of the discomfort/pain. What a pain this is!

So, looks like tomorrow I am headed to the chiropractor! For those of you who are waiting for a response to a reading, or a reply to a reading that has already taken place, please accept my apologies for any delay. Its been a really busy few weeks for me while we get back into the school routine, along now with restarting daycare. My intentions are to continue to work hard and again catch up with some of the free requests as well. I really dont want to make anyone wait and drives me crazy when I have to postpone a reading for any reason!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

owie!!! i hope you have been able to find some kind of position that is more comfortable for you until your chiro can help you out!

on the plus side (cause we always have to find one!) at least your back didnt go out when you were trying to get out with your daughter, or while you were holding her, cause that could have been a hard fall for both of you!
feel better soon Cheri!

Cheri22 said...

hey Danna, how true you are about that last fact! It is always good to look on the bright side as so many more things could have happened. The Chiropractor hurt like heck, but my back is slightly better. I have to head back again tomorrow morning and again on friday. He figures it will be like this for about a week, but getting better each day! THANK GOODNESS!

lc said...

Sounds like you are seriously out of alighnment - hoping the Chiro can bring you the relief you need.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri22. I just purchased a reading from you but used the wrong email address. I posted agschwipps@wiley.com with my pmnt, but the address actually is aschwipps@wiley.com (no g). I couldn't get your email link to work on your homepage, so I thought I'd try contacting you this way. I hope you don't mind. Can yoy let me know you rcvd this and can send the reading to the non-g address? Thanks, and look forward to rcving your reading!!

maybel56 said...

Cheri, I am sorry to hear about the pain you are in. Back pain is never fun! I experience lower back pain on occasion, and have found that essential oils help relieve the pain better than pain medications alone. I really like to rub some peppermint oil on my back for the cooling effect, then go sit in my boyfriend's car with heated seats, and let the peppermint and heat work like a huge heat wrap. It works every time. Feel better soon!