Recent Posts

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dreams: the entertainment of the night!

I must say that I am sure at one point or another, we all have crazy dreams. I have to say that I must have them almost every night and more often than not, I do remember them. You get dreams about aspects of your life that you need to touch on, or something that you are worried about. Your guides and loved ones really find this time is more easier to connect with you and get your attention as your not as likely to dismiss their "voices" or "warnings" as just something in your head or you talking to yourself or second guessing what you know deep down is going to be true.

Last night, I actually had a dream that when I woke up seemed to be pretty silly. I dreamed I was helping at a fundraising type carnival for my daughters school. They ride I was supervising actually had some sort of netting to protect the kids, yet it seems like the kids were climbing on the outside. For those of you who know me in real life, this sort of thing FREAKS me out. I always worry that the kids are going to get hurt and prefer them to just keep their feet on the ground! Anyways, another parent came up to me and told me that I needed to stay away from the rides that were "bouncy" as it would cause a miscarriage (I am NOT pregnant). In my dream, this seemed to be pretty reasonable advice. I found another ride to supervise, and find myself sitting on the edge of a bouncy castle (yes I do realize it bounces! lol). Then I am starting to look for my cousin. I am calling her Theresa, but she looks NOTHING like my cousin. She tells me shes in disguise and that I am blowing her cover. She pulls me over to this fountain, in which we both walk inside. The water is up to our knees, but for some reason this seems to be something people would do. She tells me that I am going to miscarry and that there is nothing that I can do to prevent it. She tells me its going to be painful and that I need to be able to deliver it. She then goes on to say I wont be able, will end up in the hospital and die. I widened my eyes in surprise and said "Oh my, I am going to die?" at which part she chuckles and then tells me that part was added for dramatic affect.

That is where the dream ended. It was strange. Now first of all, my period started two days ago. It seemed to be really light and barely there, and I remember thinking yesterday where the heck was it! I KNOW I was not pregnant as my husband has been "fixed" but I have a feeling that my guides were just letting me know that my period was on its way. I wake up, REALLY crampy and yep, its here!

Sometimes dreams are just odd. I actually would suggest to those of you who have strange dreams to keep a dream journal and you might be surprised on how many times you actually are warned about events to prepare for, or even being given the answers to things that you are really worried about.

Two nights ago, I had a dream that my grandmother took ill. My mom was in this dream and worried about her mother. I told her it would be okay, and whatever happened would happen. In the dream, my grandmother died and never made it to her 80th birthday. (which happens to be the 24th). There are some dreams, I hope are just "silly" ones and will not actually come true!

Anyone have a silly dream lately?

7 comments:

Amanda S. said...

I usually have weird and silly dreams. I prefer the goofy and happy dreams over any dream with my son in it. Anytime my son is in a dream it is usally bad. I think when I have those its when I am under a bunch of stress and feel guilty because I did not spend enough one on one time with him as I had wanted.

I like the dreams where they make so much sense in the dream and then as soon as you wake up they make no sense at all.

ty206 said...

I had been having very interesting dreams I actually bought a dream book and keep it right next to my bed. Its amazing how accurate it can be! ty206

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

Weird dreams seem to be common lately, trolls, babies, weird parent dreams, and vivid dreams, of course none of which I remember past that following morning. Thankfully.

Aubrey said...

I tried to post this, but received an error message. If it ends up being a double-post, I apologize!

I always try to analyze my dreams. I use the website dreemmoods.com, and its usually spot-on. It amazes me how our subconcious can deliver messages to us that seem unrelated to what is happening, but symbolize our waking life.

Unknown said...

My last weird dream was the other night when I was dreaming that all the kids in the neighbourhood were over playing in our backyard with my 2 year old... but they were playing very distructively. The girls were playing in an open water pit... with my son dangerously close... and the boys were attempting to flood the basement windows. I was watching them through the bathroom window.. where i was trying to have a shower before my wedding (ive been married 4 years) and i kept trying to yell at them without showing them I was naked. But one boy kept yelling.. 'hey lady... i can see your boobies... ' which was mortifying! hahahahahaha

mostly though my dreams have had my mom in them. my hubby and i are in the process of determining what we want for names for this baby, and although we have agreed on a boy name.. the girl name is still causing struggles. I want to use my mom's middle name which was Dian... but i dont think hes sold on it. Since we have been discussing it.. my mom has appeared in ALL my dreams... not even really as a central point.. but always in the background. Im beginning to think she is trying to tell us is going to be a girl and to start agreeing on Dian :)

Katie said...

I had a silly dream last night. To put it in context, I am pregnant and my husband won't let me buy any clothes because he says we'll get more than we need at the baby shower. We were walking through Carter's the other day and I fell in love with a sleeper that was duckies so unisex since we don't know the gender and even on sale half off! He still wouldn't let me buy it!

So in the dream, I dreamt that he bought the duckie sleeper and I was so excited but he wouldn't give it to me, he said that it was for someone else who was pregnant for their shower gift. I was so so mad at him. The dream ended there when I had to wake up to pee. lol It was just a funny dream.

I told my husband about it this morning and he said that he was sorry for being mean to me in my dream. ;)

Anonymous said...

The other night I dreamt that my husband refused to marry me, and it really upset me, so I ran off with my ex boyfriend. I had coincidentally ran into him the night before. Weird.