Recent Posts

Monday, August 16, 2010

I did it!!!

Okay, I managed to fix ONE computer out of the two! My laptop which at this time, is so much more important than the other one! This is the one I use to do all of my readings at night and so much more important to be able to use. I actually spent the better part of today trying to fix it as it just seemed to be getting worse, and worse, and slower and slower.. okay you get the point. I noticed on this one part of my computer it had an option to "restore to a previous point". Hmmm.. I clicked on it, worried I would wipe my computer clean. It actually allowed me to restore the computer to August 6th, 2010, which was 5 days before I downloaded whatever program that caused all of these problems to begin with. So basically anything installed after that day, no longer exists! I could be naieve in thinking that it fixed the problem, but everything seems to be working perfectly now so I guess time will tell.

Another exciting thing. I found out that James Van Praag is coming to town! Okay, so hes coming close to town. It will take me about 2 hours to get there. He is doing a small venue and I bought my tickets! My sister and I are going to attend together and I am hoping that my mother will come through. If she does not, I will understand that there might be someone else who needs his help more. I have read alot of his books which I find very intriguing and his website is really helpful and full of insight. (Hes also on facebook!). Hes one of the people who started the Ghost Whisperer.

Has anyone else read any of James Van Praag books? Which ones did you enjoy?

7 comments:

Mary said...

We have had to do the restore to a previous point thing a few times too. Sometimes it works but sometimes it seems to manage to redownload itself (the virus we had anyway). To get my husbands to work 100% we had to do the restore to a previous point then download nortons system 2010 and get it to remove all the suspicious stuff.

On mine I just set it back to its factory setting and backed everything important onto a USB. I didn t have games or anything other then important photos so it was just faster for me to do it that way, lol.

Amy said...

I'm very glad that you got everything working again. Im also glad that you and your sister got tickets to go to James Van Praugh. Have a great time.

Love and Light to you and your family

Marijke said...

Make sure you do backups often so that if you had to wipe the hard drive clear, you wouldn't lose too much. Most of us neglect doing that and then we are toast if we have issues.

Amanda S. said...

I can honestly say I havent read any of his books, but checking him out he seems really interesting to me. When money is not so tight I will have to purchase one of his books sometime.

Unknown said...

Yay for being able to fix yoru computer!

I hope that you are able to get a connection to your mom when you go see James Van Praugh :) that would be so awesome for you Im sure. I wish I could have that too, today would have been my mom's 60th birthday and I am missing her terribly! It would be so cool to see her or feel her with me today.. she is missed so terribly!

Just wanted to send you a virtual hug today... from one woman missing her momma to another!
HUGGLES!

Anonymous said...

Had to share Cheri got my month correct again yep bfp for me
: )

Lorna

Super Mom | Maternity Belly Bands said...

This is my first time to visit your blog and I actually like it. I have a knack in searching for blogs related to Tummy Tankz.