Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A bit of this, and a bit of that

It seems like lately I feel like I am in a time warp. I know that really sounds funny but this summer really has flown by and it seems like I have been so busy, but in reality would say that I have been quite good. Still time to relax and still things to do.

I have been missing my mom alot (yes, here we go again! lol), and really trying to put things into perspective. Why and how. I really get the impression that it links to depression. She suffered from depression from the time I was young until I was 21, so to find out that she was suffering again from it kinda put things into better perspective. Now with that being said, had I chosen a different profession, I would have surely gone into something that would allow me to help people with depression.

I was thinking about my mom and her depression and the words "reflexology and depression" were linked. I thought this to be kinda strange as I have NEVER heard of this before. I decided I would try and google it and see what I could come up with. I was curious if this was something even done or linked before. You would not believe the information I found!

I know so much these days that people start to suffer from depression and most people are worried about taking the medication. I know that Dr's are quite to prescribe the "quick fix" but sometimes its more than that, and requires a bit more help.

So why not look into a more natural route? Here is a link I found that I thought was interesting. I am sure if you really wanted to explore this route, you can google it and find even more information.

Click here


Today is my 9th wedding anniversary. My husband and I went out for dinner tonight just the two of us. I can probably count on my one hand how many times we go out for dinner with out our girls. It was nice, but now I am full, tired, and gassy!

So lets have some fun... post a comment in the comment section and your entered to win a sibling express reading (15.00 value). I will annouce the winner on SUNDAY.

23 comments:

Sonya said...

ooo pick me pick me!

Anonymous said...

I don't want to go in the draw but wanted to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Lorna

Sarah said...

happy anniversary!

Amanda S. said...

Happy anniversay. I also appreciated the link to reflexology because I get depressed every so often.

Amanda

redreila89@yahoo.com

April and Jon Romero said...

I would love to get a sibling reading. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary.

Also, thanks for the link. My husband often gets down and out over things and doesn't talk to me about it because he doesn't want to upset me. I'm thinking maybe I can learn something from the site.

Jaclin said...

Happy Anniversary Cheri!

Diva Loca said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

We are celebrating our 5th anniversary tomorrow - great time for an anni :)

Happy Thursday,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

What is a sibling reading? Are you making predictions about possible siblings for ttc or would it be in reference to the person getting the readings own siblings? When considering depression you have to consider diet. This has a huge impact. I work in mental health and get so frustrated when diet and exercise or forgotten about. There are so many natural methods that can be utilized that are not. I think that medication should be a last resort for the severe causes to try to keep the patient safe. Once their mood is stabilized other methods to maintain mood should be employed while reducing reliance on drugs.

Fran

trying1009 said...

WooHoo 9 years.. Happy Belated anniversary.. This year will be my 6th anniversary and a total of 11 years togather.. ♥

cgilmour1 said...

happy anniversary i just celebrated my fifth on the 31 and realize how special a dinner with no kids is since its rare lol And depression is an issue i am very familar with and thanks for posting the links i will definetly check them out!

Patty said...

Happy Anniversary....;o)

Amy said...

Hey cheri,

Happy Anniversary. My husband and I just celebrated ours on 7/28. I am sending you healing and blessed hugs for your memories of your mom. Im sure she is a wonderful lady and you and your sister share alot of her qualities.

blessings and light to you and your family.

Amie W. said...

Happy Anniversary!! Glad you had a nice night out! Thank you for the link, it was a very interesting read. Our 9th wedding Anniversary is coming up on the 17th... Can't believe how fast time goes!
Amie :)
jason_amie@citlink.net

maybel56 said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! I deal with depression, and became tired of every Doctor that I would see diagnosing with me this or that, and prescribing a handful of medications to 'fix' the depression. I finally got tired of being a lab rat and zombie. I turned to essential oils, positive affirmations, exercise and NATURE. I am glad to say that with the help of all of these natural remedies, I am pretty much depression free. Thank you for posting that link. I plan to incorporate a few new things into my daily life.

Juliann said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! <3

I totally need to look into that website! Just had a miscarriage ( went in for an u/s at 8 wks, they saw the baby stopped growing at 6wks) and today it was one week since my D&C!! :( I have not been able to get out of my depression and I just find myself crying at random times. I put on a good show at work and at home in front of the kids but I spill the beans to my husband....

Thanks again and hope you had a nice evening with your hubby!!! We all deserve it once in a while!! :-)

kate said...

Happy Anniversary Cheri! My husband and I also celebrated our nine year anniversary this year.
I'm going to do a little research myself on reflexology and depression...Thanks for the information.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Cheri!

SJ143 said...

Thanks for posting the link... very informative! Happy anniversary!!!

Mary said...

Happy anniversary, I hope I make it to 9 years too

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

We just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the 7th.. :) Congrats to you.. :) I o'd this weekend too, hoping good things happen :)

mandy said...

pick me...pick me....

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!