Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Feeling kinda sad today

I guess its just going to be one of those days. It started off alright. Was at home, got some things cleaned up. Got a crock pot of dinner ready which was nice. Then I found out from my friend that her mom's apartment burned down yesterday (on the news here in BC) and everything is gone. She was told that they did not have any insurance. I am the type that wants to help everyone. Even though I have never met her mom and step dad and not "close" friends, I still called people I knew that might have somethings that they could donate to them. I even posted on facebook seeing if anyone had anything or could help in anyway. I then took both my girls and we headed to the mall. I manged to get a few towels, hand towels, tooth paste, tooth brushes and a set of glasses all for a reasonable price. This is in the meantime with both of my girls not "behaving". (in other words, my toddler really needed a nap, and my 7 year old was doing her usual arguing over nothing which drives me crazy!).

I managed to find both my girls a pair of shoes on clearance for school, and everything else I needed for the family. I was so ready to get out of there. After getting home, and talking to my friend, we made plans to meet up later tonight to give her the things I had bought. It was then I went into my closet in my computer room and started going through things I had that I might be able to give away. I noticed the pictures my mom bought me when I was a teen. It was for my hope chest. I noticed the book she wrote in called " a grandmother remembers" that I was to give to my eldest when shes old enough to cherish it. I then saw her ashes and remembered that we still need to find her a "final resting place". I know that shes not attached to her ashes, but I still feel that I need to do something with them. Put them somewhere that would have meant something to my mom. So today unfortunately has been an "i miss my mom" kinda day.

Hopefully you guys don't mind me spewing this out. I do appreciate the ability to be able to post things like this as I truly believe that its in every ones best interest to let out their emotions rather than bottling it in. It really does help to release it and will often make you feel better. I know it did for me.

I know the one good thing today though, is my friend called me back. After talking to her mother, it turns out that YES they did have insurance so their stuff will be able to be replaced. I am not sure what I am going to do with everything I bought. I think I might just hold on to it. We usually adopt a family around Christmas each year, so perhaps this will be a blessing in disguise and something that they truely need.

3 comments:

Jaclin said...

That is awesome that you are able to help them in a time of need Cheri. Maybe you were supposed to buy the stuff now, at a good price to help save you money, in return to help another family out. Sometimes talking about what makes us sad does help us. I know about keeping feelings bottled in. When I do that, I usual break down and cry at the most inoportune (sp?) time (work, public, etc...) We are here to listen to you, like you do for us :o)

Amanda S said...

I am sure all of the stuff will come in handy perhaps for another family in need and it was just meant to happen for a reason you will find out later. Also vent away thats what we are here for. Also I think it awesome you found the pictures your mother gave you and also the book will mean a lot to your daughter. I was 5 and 7 when I lost both of my grandfathers and I absolutely love the few items I have that belonged to them. They both meant a lot to me. So I think your daughter will love when she's older.

Amanda

Lynn said...

Awww Cheri! You are an absolutely caring person, that is so nice of you to do. And you are definitly allowed to have an i miss my mom day. Its been eight years for me and every once in a while i get something in my head that makes me think of my mom and then of course i miss her. Let it out!