Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life in a nut shell

This topic does seem to fit as I would have to say that this weekend was a bit NUTS!. I can't even really tell you everything that made it nuts, just seemed like the time was going really fast and that I did not have enough time for everything.

Yesterday I went and visited with my Grandmother. I had a really nice visit with her (shes my mothers mom). We talked about mom. I told her that I was informed that my mom was suffering from depression again before she died, and I think that this also helped her to put my mom's death into perspective.

My Grandmother actually told me something really interesting that I thought I would share. She said that she was reading a book in her bed as she is having trouble sleeping and figured that perhaps she might end up having a nap. She said it was 2pm when she started her book. She said next thing she knows, she must have fallen asleep as she kinda woke up with a start. She said her glasses were still on, and she was still holding the book and looked at the clock and it was 2:20pm so only 20 minutes had passed. She looked up and there stood my Grandfather looking at her and smiling. She said he was as solid as can be. The only problem, was that he had passed 2 weeks before my mom did. She said that she felt she must have been going crazy and that this actually really scared her. I told her I believe in this and that I really felt it was my grandfather to visit with her and did not think she was crazy. She said "well where ever he is he does seem to be happy".

I had another dream about my mom the other night that I think that I posted here a few weeks ago. In this dream she insisted that people can come back into their bodies if given enough time. It was almost like she was telling me that a week later they can still come back and that she was very much alive. I really do not think that the dream means that we can come back and inhabit our bodies after being declared "dead" for over a week, but I think that properly interpreted is that shes "very much alive" so to speak. So although not here in her physical body, but is still very much alive back home. I think that this too provides me comfort.

Well I wanted to post on Sunday and announce the winner, but like I mentioned, time this weekened seemed to have been short. My husband is sitting here so I told him to pick a number between 1 and 22 as that is how many people have entered the contest. He looks at me.. says "hmmmmmm........33?" I was like what? I started to laugh and repeated that it had to be between 1 and 22 and he thought I said 1 - 122!

So the lucky number he drew and the winner for the latest blog contest is NUMBER 12!!! (Jaclin).. please email me at cheri22@gmail.com with blog contest in the subject line:)

Sorry for the background change. The background I was using I guess was deleted from the database. So when I came to the blog it was telling me that a picture was missing. So this one will have to do for now while I find something that works better:)

1 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Congrats to the winner. I think it is too sweet your grandfather visited your grandmother. I bet she was comforted to see him and see him very happy. And your dream seems very comforting to know all is well with your mother.

I like the change to the background. I was just surprised to see it.

Amanda S.