Recent Posts

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Who knew that water slides could be a workout?

I wish I thought twice about my "brilliant" plan. My god daughter is staying with us from Tuesday until Friday. Yesterday after being asked over and over to take them to the waterslides, I gave in. First, I am not really a waterslide kinda gal. I got the kids suits, towels and sunscreen, and we headed out. After arriving, a sign already says how busy its going to be and to expect LONG line ups. That should have been my first clue. Next, we pick a spot to lay out our towels. All three kids have sunscreen on, so after changing into my bathing suit, I put sunscreen on myself and we head out. My god daughter and my 7 year old off to explore, and myself and the two year old hitting the "tot" slides.

I of course went down a few slides with her, bumped my knee on one of them, but we had fun. After she got the hang of it, I would walk with her to the top of the little tot slide, she would get in and I would head to the bottom before she got there to ensure that she did not fall over or get a face full of water. Shes actually quite the natural. We played in the water type park for the little ones, and stayed in the hottub twice to warm up. Overall a great time. We arrived at 12, and decided around 3:30 it was time to go. Okay okay, I DECIDED it was time to go. I was tired, hot and ready to just go and sit and relax. The two year old resisted, did NOT want to get dressed. The two older ones came willingly as the rides they wanted where boasting a 20-30 minute wait!. Heading into the parking lot, the two year old lets go of my hand (thankfully no cars close by) and decides shes going back swimming. After convincing her it was closing, and that I would bring her again another day, she held my hand to the van. She was DEFINATELY ready for a nap at this point, and passed out even before we left the parking lot.

Fast forward a few hours, to realize that I had burnt my upper back (some parts it appears to have blistered) I guess I forgot to put sunscreen up there.

I wake up this morning and I am stiff and sore. I can barely move my right arm up and down, it hurts, it hurts to bend, it pretty much hurts to do anything and I feel like I have been beaten up! My husband laughs and told me its from the waterslides and using muscles you didn't know you had. Not sure I like this!

Hoping everyone is having a good start to their summer. Today I plan on avoiding outside as much as possible as when the sun is shining on my back (even with my clothes on) it hurts a bit, otherwise is okay, and I ache. I guess its part of the fun of getting older.

3 comments:

maybel56 said...

Sunburns are so uncomfortable! I hope that you heal quickly, and feel better in no time. I really enjoy reading your blog :)

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

Awwwww . hope you feel better and dont forget to hydrate!!

kathy said...

I hope you feel better.