Recent Posts

Monday, August 6, 2007

"signs" from heaven





On the topic of loved ones who have passed over, I thought I would also touch base with ways that they sometimes choose to communicate with us that are not just through dreams or having to use a psychic (medium) for help.

Sometimes loved ones choose to show their live by sending you signs. Perhaps its certain people that come un-expectantly into your life that triggers a memory of your loved one. Perhaps a certain name that was the same, maybe a certain scent, or even a certain phrase. All which "trigger" your memory of the one you have lost. Sometimes passed down as a coincidence by us, but you should realize, that "most" times, your loved one has helped set up these events.

There are times when you might "hear" something and no one is there, they can at times work with electricity and make the lights flicker to get your attention. When things like this happen, you mind/subconscious already zeros in on who it is, and you might find your mind wandering to the person you lost and thinking about them. This is their way of saying "hello".

In my case, it seems to be a few different ways to get my attention. While i was young, this wild purple Pansy would grow in our grass (lawn) this would drive my dad insane. He would mow it down, trying to find ways of getting it out of the grass and it would continue to grow. This flower, soon stood for a lot of things for me, and I grew to love its stubbornness and thrive to survive. My dad later told me, that this was his mothers favorite flower (she passed when he was 16). I moved at the age of 18, and during that year I was there, the same purple Pansy grew under a holly tree. The landlord questioning why I would plant the flower in a spot like that (holly bushes are PRICKLY!!) I did not plant it there, nor did I plant it in ANY of the yards that I had lived. It was during that year, that I had a tattoo of the purple Pansy on my lower right hip. This wild Pansy followed me for the next 7 years in "odd" locations, and I grew to love it even more.



We bought our first townhouse in the summer of 2003, and later that year, the Pansy grew in the back yard and the front. I was told that it was not there before.





We bought our first house where we live now in 2006 (august) and there was no pansies here at the time. This year, my front yard is COVERED in them, of course where they are not supposed to be, but nonetheless, was compelled to just let them take over, as I love them so much. I truly believe that this is my grandmothers way of saying hello and letting me know shes here.




Another time, its been a certain smell. Often smelling like dirty old socks, and again in odd places. (like behind entertainment units, behind doors..etc. I contribute this to my grandfather. He does not frequent as much, but I still no when he is around.



So don't be scared when you get a gift of love, or able to link something to someone who has passed over. They are usually doing it out of love and not trying to scare you. Just say thank you, or acknowledge that you received their gifts. If your really uncomfortable with the contact, just let them know to find more subtle ways to say hi. They really can here you!

If you have recognized a sign from someone who has passed over, please feel free to tell about your storey in the comment section of this blog. I would LOVE to hear it as I am sure a lot of other people as well!

3 comments:

Delilah said...

My father when he was alive loved to fish and started his own bait business. He woud go to the creeks and catch "Dobbies", when Dobbies mature they turn into Dragon Flies. So whenever we saw a dragonfly we would say hey dad you missed one, and we all laughed.

My dad passed away September 24, 2005 from cancer. I had never seen a dragonfly anywhere near my house until dad passed away.

The first summer he was gone we couldnt swim in the pool there were so many dragon flies, well then we slowly started seeing only 1 dragon fly. My husband and kids would always say, "Look Papa is back" Love you DAD...I see this dragon fly on days when things seem to be going wrong, on days when I feel I cant go on any longer. The day I miscarried our last baby this dragon fly was flying over our house, dipping and diving. From that day until present we have one certain dragonfly and about 6 others always over our house. This one in particular will dive down toward us and yet not hit it...We just sit and watch.

I know my dad is watching over us closely. I know he is here with us through no matter what we are going through. I love the fact that my Dad is with us each and every day and we see him. Thanks for letting me share my story.

Delilah

Unknown said...

My story is similar to yours. My Mom's favourite flower was a Freesia, we had loads of them with snowballs and daffodils in the front garden of my grandparents house, they then decided to take all the bulbs out. A few years later, I came back from staying in Cape Town with my now husband and found one growing in the grass as well.
My Gran was a heavy smoker and every now and then I smell smoke in the car or in my house when none of us smoke. I often blamed my brother for this but he promises it is not him, only to realise that it must be my gran.

Tracy said...

I know this blog is older but I thought taht I would add my story to it.

My grandpa smoked and did not want my grandma to know so to "cover" the smell up he always chewed spearmint gum. I recently suffered a miscarriage and it was only my husband and I that knew that I was even pregnant. I took it very hard as we had been wishing and trying for another baby for 10 years now. So I was sitting on the couch alone and I smelled cigarrets and spearmint gum. My grandpa was with me which is very very special. Later that day my sister had called and senced something was wrong with me, but she had called to tell me that while in the shower she got the distinct smell of cigarrets and spearmint gum. My mom who does not believe any of this told us the other day (right around the same time) that she smelled cigarrets and tore her house apart trying to find them.
So in my heartache, I was not alone. I had my grandpa there with me.