Recent Posts

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Swaying for a Girl or Boy?

I know that there are tons of ways that you can sway for a specific gender, and i think that this falls under my category of "tips/tricks for ttc". So I would love your feedback if you have heard of any old wives tales that you might know of that help sway for a girl or boy. I know alot of women wanting to even up their families so to speak and would love to have this information!

One women that i recently did a prediction for gave me this information to pass along to everyone!

Swaying for a BOY
We used softcups the last two cycles, you can buy them at Walgreens, CVS, etc. in the tampon aisle and you put them in right after you BD while you're laying there. They look like LiveStrong rubber bracelets for the rim with a sandwich baggie attatched to it, haha. You leave it in for 12 hours and after that's over, you take it out. It helps keep the sperm really close to the cervix with no leakage. I know several people who ovulate pretty normally have gotten pregnant right away with them. So, I'm pretty sure it'll be a boy because of the research I"ve done, most people who got pregnant with softcups had boys. Rarely do they produce a girl since the boy sperm are much faster. But, I guess we'll find out down the road. Here's the website for softcups, btw: www.softcups.com. :)


Another good website to check out that has alot of women posting about trying to sway for a specific gender is http://www.ttcspecificgender.com/board/forumdisplay.php?daysprune=&f=3 I am hoping that this link will work. It made me login to the forums but hopefully will bring you directly to the home page. if you have problems with this link, please let me know in the comments section and i will ask the moderator of the site for the proper link:)

Also, news on myself. I am thinking of ttc myself.. more like just letting what happens happen and not preventing. What I would like your help with, is how to make my husband be on the same page. We talked last night, he said that he is not against having a second, but is happy with just the one (originally we had both planned for two) he finds raising kids alot of "work" so to speak and the additional costs kinda scare him. He is not on board with this but not against it, and said that he would do it to make me happy. I want him to be happy about it, and dont want him to resent/regretme or the other child should we concieve. He assures me that it would not happen. So what do I do, how do I show him it will be okay? Any ideas on how to proceed?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm not really sure how you can show him it will be ok, but I wanted to say good luck on your TTC! :)

I think when you're not the one that thinks of the idea of one or another child it is scary.

Beth Ann Brand said...

I think you should just let him have his feelings. He is an adult, he made a decision, and he said he would do it for you. He will not be as happy about it as you are and you can't change that. If he does get resentful, you will have to deal with that when/if it happens. You never know, he may change and do a 180! But, for now, he is being honest, but sacrificing his wishes for yours. That's pretty special and selfless actually. I completely relate as I feel complete with my son John and my husband does not share that with me. It's sad and I wish he had this surge in his heart of love, but I can't force it, can I? If your husband gets too negative, as mine can, then you can ask him to find someone he can grouse to whose feelings won't be hurt as much. I think he should be able to share honestly, but to a point.

Cheri22 said...

Thank you both for your comments. My husband in the last week seems to have come around a bit more to the ttc aspect. Although he has not "jumped for joy" or anything, seems more on board than I had thought he would be. So I am thankful that he is honest about how he feels (he is always honest) and glad that he is doing this for me.

Gina said...

Hi Cheri! Good luck with ttc! My husband was the same way with our second child. He definitely was NOT planned. He was so freaked out (especially because there is only 15 months between our 1st and 2nd!) You are so right to just let your husband have his feelings and share them with you. One thing that I can attest to is that even though he is nervous about another one now, once he/she is born, he will never be able to imagine life without the baby. My husband tell me that all the time. He will say "As stressful as it was before he got here, I couldn't imagine not having him here!" He seems like a really supporting and loving husband and father, and I know it will work out! Keep up the good work!

Jamie said...

We conceived a boy and we Baby Danced the morning of the day I got a very dark positive on my Ovulation Predictor Strip :-D

I stayed in bed for hours, laying on my belly (because I have a tilted uterus my doc told me not to lay with my hips propped up because that would only cause the semen to pool under my cervix).