Recent Posts

Friday, August 3, 2007

A bit of an update!





I took last night and went to a lake with my husband and our 4 year old daughter for the night. The road is very bumpy and worn out, and we took our new to us tenttrailer with us. Its an older one, probably a 1972, and it was our first time taking it out. My husband was putting it up, only to realize that the back left side had ripped off! So its just hanging there and obviously not able to sleep on that side. My husband was obviously a bit mad, and normally I probably would have been a bit dissapointed and heard "oh well" come out of my mouth.


I at times, can be a bit controling person in regards to things happening in my life. But starting to realize that things are sometimes beyond my control, and know that this is one of my lessons I am going to be learning. Same thing with today. My daughter wanted to play with her playdoh, and wanted to mix the colors. Normally I am like "ack, no don't do that", because then they will be mixed, and I at first said "no, please dont do that" then said right after "you know what, go ahead, its not going to wreck anything". Its baby steps and a lesson I need to learn, and its taking awhile and hard! lol.


We had a good night camping. My husband and I slept on the side not broken and my daughter slept on the bed that folds from a table to a bed. She was really excited to be doing that. There was tons of mosquitos, and black flies. My husband does not believe that those suckers bite, but I beg to differ!


We woke up around 8am, and quick packed up and headed home. It had started to rain!! We had only planned the one night anyways, and might as well pack up and leave the camping spot to allow the other people coming up for the long weekend a place to stay.


In regards to yesterdays contest, the winners are TEEKS, HOPING TO BE A MOM & SHARHONDA. I was originally only going to allow just one winner, but figured the three people got it right, and they all win! Please email me with BLOG WINNER in the subject line so I can make sure I see it.


I am still looking for people who want to share inspirational stories with the people who read this blog. It really does help to know or read about someone who is possibly going through the same as you are similar and that there is hope restored and excitment in the ttc journey. I have a friend who is currently working on her storey, but I would love to hear from more people. I am willing to trade one question answered indepth for your storey that gets published.

0 comments: