Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Did you know?

I am currently reading a book called "skinny bitch" (that is the true title). I had seen it on a talk show about a new no-nonesense way to loose weight. I think that this book is a bit one sided and presents the "facts" as to what supports their ideas, but came across something that I thought that alot of women might like to know if you didn't already that relates to ttc and pregnancy!

We all know that Folic Acid fights against birth defects and is one of the suppliments in materna, but did you know that Magnesium (known as the anti-stress mineral) helps prevent premature labor ? (along other things). To gain more magnesium, it says to eat nuts, seeds, sunflower seeds, green vegetables, soybeans (seaweed) and molasses.

And did you know that Zinc helps with infertility issues? I was shocked to read that, but it is listed here in the book, and says that foods high with concentrations of zinc are wheat germ, whole grains, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and soybeans.

In most of the Vitamins listed in these few pages, it lists what you can eat to get more of the vitamin in more naturally, and under most of the listings is nuts/seeds of some kind.

I just thought that these particular ones are very interesting for ttc and pregnancy and thought I would pass this information out.


As usual I am a bit behind on my readings. I am working from home for the next two days and hoping to get a lot of the readings caught up. Again thank you for your patience.

I also wanted to point something out, a post below about the pansies, I was outside today in the front yard, and you will never guess what.. okay, maybe you will, but there are TONS more. I can't believe how many new pansy leaves are starting to form and its doing down the lava rocks towards the end of the driveway. I will be surprised if by the end of the summer my whole area there is covered! And its not just the purple ones anymore, its light purple, dark purple, yellow, purple and yellow and now some really big huge purple ones! I love it! Those little flowers make me so happy!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Cheri

I love your story about your flowers, it gives me goosebumps!!

Lynn

Jamie said...

Did you read anything about DHA? It's suppose to help brain and eye development of the baby. I've been on DHA since a couple months pregnant.

I was taking DHA from Enfamil, called "Expecta" but now I have a prescription for Citracal Prenatal Vitamin that comes with a DHA capsule.