Recent Posts

Friday, August 31, 2007

Life has its ways

of bringing people together. I know that most people at times feel "lonely". It seems that as we get older, our friendships change and we at times loose contact with the people we used to be around all of the time. Families get busy, and we soon find ourselves connected more to the online friends we have made, rather than the ones we have known in real life.

For me, this has happened in the last two years. ( earlier than that, but this is when I really took notice) I used to live in what was reffered to the "lower mainland", around all of my friends and family, the job that I loved (been there for 8.5 years) and everyone was within a 15-20 min drive MAX. Well my husband spent more time in the "Fraser Valley" and suggested we move. Its a smaller town, its about an hour away from everyone, and I was a bit nervous. I have never lived in a "small town" before. Always a large city. (I believe the lower mainland has about 3 million people) Anyways, I decided it was the time for the move and did it. Thinking I would regret it, but I have not.

I have been here one year, made friends with "quiltnut" whos blog is posted below and we go out stamping, and met quite a few people that I have really enjoyed getting to know. I have also known "quilt nut" online as well from one of the forums that I visit.

So sometimes change is good, sometimes its what we are afraid of most, seems to turn out well in the end.

By doing my predictions I have made quite a bit of friends, I really enjoy getting to know everyone, and love to hear updates. Friendships can come from anyone, anywhere at anytime, you just have to be open to recieving them and accepting them as they come in.

Here is an email that my online friend Candace wrote to me for me to post on my blog. She came to me for a prediction, and over the course of a year or so we have kept in contact and became friends..

Cheri has been a positive light in my life, and I have never met her in person. A couple years ago, I was on my Moms message board, and they posted a link for Cheri's predictions.... I had a rough pregnancy with my son, and the thought of going through it again scared me to no end. So for fun, I emailed Cheri. She told me, "the pregnancy with your daughter will not be as tough as the one you had with your son". Needless to say, I was blown away. I shared this info with my husband, who in turn emailed Cheri. They wrote back and forth and during that time, my father was missing. It was the most horrifying time in my life. My brother and I drove all hours of the night, looking in ditches and bad neighborhoods for him. My mother crying hysterically...my sister in law calling hospitals and everywhere, my teenage sister scared to death. It was horrible. My husband emailed Cheri and asked for her help. Cheri did not blow my husband off, rather, gave us peace of mind. She told us he was wandering, lost, but still alive, driving a gold car. My dad does not have a gold car, however, had a rental car that day...guess what color? Yup, gold. Cheri gave me hope when I was losing it. I kept my faith...but it was still hard. So many 'what ifs'.... so long story short, my father was found the next day, unconscious in his car. His medications interacted with each other causing them to build up. He was in the hospital for a few weeks. He dealt with depression afterwards, but Cheri assured me, he would be fine. She held my hand through all the darkness. She was a ray of light for me. Today, my father is better than ever. Happy, motivated and the best he has ever been. will forever be grateful to Cheri time and energy she spent with me. I feel very fortunate to know her. Today, we share experiences, one being positive energy. I read THE SECRET, and it literally changed my life. Such a simple concept. Seeing the positive in every single thing, even if it looks bad, can change so much. I stopped dieting for one! And guess what, I have lost weight...I stopped putting myself down, I take care of my health, and value myself. It is so easy to beat yourself up, but so rough on your soul. Feed your soul positivity, and watch yourself transform. It feels amazing... Read Cheri's blogs, soak it all in. She is a gift to all of us. Definitely one of my favorite people! Thank you Cheri!

Candace
www.candidacephoto.com


I guess the point of this blog tonight, is to be open to change, and to be open to friendships. That if your feeling lonely that you never have to look far, and that "life" has a way of directing you to new connections if your ready.

You have a friend in me

1 comments:

Lynn said...

I too have known Cheri from Today's Parent. I have never met her either. I have been going through a rough time this year personally (husband left me and our children...very long and convaluted story!), and it has been taking a toll on me mentally. I had been emailing her asking her if she had any feelings of hope for me when I just saw darkness. I hate to say it but I emailed her a lot, I'm sure anyone would have gotten sick of me or got a restraining order lol! But she was always there to help me, no judgement made, not a bad thing to say, just very nice, and I truly appreciate her help she has given me.