Recent Posts

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Add Wedding Planner to my resume!

At least I was in my dream last night! I was asked to plan a wedding for Julia Roberts. I have no idea who she was marrying, but was to plan a wedding for ALOT of guests. It was to be a "who's who" but there was to be no expense spared when it came to the guests. She gave me a list of people to invite (no clue now who it was) and showed me this invitation that was VERY long, embossed in gold lettering (in my opinion it was REALLY hard to read). It basically was the invitation to the wedding, and that it was to take place in two different venues. I am not sure why, but I guess depending on what "level" you were of a friend or connection to her you got to be in one or the other?

She was even giving out "party bags" at the end of the night and wanted me to find stuff to put in it. The one thing that really sticks out in my mind and even what I remember most about this dream is that she had all of this make up out. There was TONS, and she was setting it up on this table so that everyone could try it and see if it was good quality to go in these gift bags for the guests. I remember her setting it down and a SWARM of people came over, all trying to get into the makeup. The sparkles in this liquid stuff was getting all over the table! (The people who know me, know I do NOT like big messes!). I started to internally panic thinking that it was just going to get everywhere, and this is where I woke up.

Sometimes I just write dreams off to be something that happened during the day, or perhaps even something I had seen on TV before going to bed (or in a book I was reading). When it really sticks out, I usually use www.dreammoods.com to find out if there are any messages for me to help me with my own life that I can't just see for myself.

Well, when I looked up makeup here is what it said
"To dream that you are wearing too much makeup, indicates that you are putting too much emphasis on beauty and outside appearances rather than what is inside."

So although I was not wearing the makeup, there was too much of it.

Now the background to this and why it makes sense... those of you who are friends on my facebook profile will probably remember a status update about a week or so ago wishing that we would look as young on the outside as we feel on the inside. I am starting to notice the grey hairs that seem to come more frequently after dying my hair.... seeing the wrinkles that line my face from being happy (my eyes and mouth). I am going to be 35 this year and although the age does not bothering me and getting older is "okay", its getting older in appearance that apparently is bugging me. Its been on my mind.

This dream is a reminder to remember its NOT about what is on the outside, but the inside. If you feel beautiful inside then that is what counts, because in reality, that is what is going to shine through.

I had to laugh, because when I did look up the information on dreammoods.com I knew the reference was from my mother. I was given an instant connection to the interpretation from her... I had to laugh, and did say "thanks mom" out loud.

So hopefully those of you who are "suffering' with the new wrinkles on your face, or the candles on your cake, just remember to take care of you on the inside first and more important.. because without a happy you, you can't be a "healthy you".

1 comments:

Lynn said...

So true Cheri! I'm struggling with the age thing. It's inevitable right? 35 is young! (Im 45!) Thanks for sharing that funny dream. Julia Roberts? Dreams are so weird sometimes!!!