Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The boogeyman in your closet... or monsters under the bed?

I have been thinking about this for some time now, trying to put it all together. Most of us who already have children already here or remember as a child the "boogeyman in the closet" or a monster under the bed. What is it? An overactive imagination or is there something there that we as parents are no longer able to see?

I have the answer, and it might be more simple than you think. I actually think that our guides and loved ones who have passed over are in that area. Not that they are hiding in the closet and ready to jump out at you the first chance that they get...but because with the cover of the clothes and different shapes its easier for them to blend and not be noticed as easily.

So they are not right IN the closet, but seem to be right near it. So if your closet door is open chances are that they are standing in the doorway.

I know that kinda sounds creepy, but when your heading to bed, your more relaxed, they can come in and see you, and just send their love. Its easier to be in an area that wont grab your attention and startle you. So the closet it is!.

The other night, I actually went to the closet to close it a bit (I hate an open closet and has ALWAYS made me uneasy when I was going to bed) and actually had a vision of someone trying to pull me in! okay, I didn't get pulled in, but it was freaky enough that I closed the closet door in a hurray! I dont think that they would have actually done it, but I think that it was meant as a joke to provide me that mental image.

So the more I thought of it, the more I understood why alot of them would choose to come at that time, and why they would choose to be in that area.

So if the closet door is closed where are they? Probably located in a spot of your room where its more "busy". Do you have a book case, or a dresser with alot of things on it? The more to distract your eye the better!

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Jaclin said...

I have always hated having an open closet door when I slept too! I have always had it shut. I don't like to sleep with the bedroom door closed either because I feel I don't have a way out...lol

I have always had a fear of the boogyman being under my bed v. the closet. I fear that someone will grab my legs or feet and pull me under. With my family, they are prankters. Do living or dead, they will still find a way to pull a prank if they can...lol

When I was young, I would put my shoes right by the bed. In the morning they would be wayyyyyy underneath, as in under the middle of the bed. I always felt that someone was doing that to get me to go under and scare me. I don't see how a draft can pull my shoes under all the time!

As for experiencing family members, I have never thought of them hiding in there...good spot too! I usually see them in my dreams or feel them right next to me!

Kimberly said...

Well that makes me feel a little better about it! I still get creeped out by the closet sometimes!