Recent Posts

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sometimes weddings make you cry for the wrong reasons.

My cousin got married last night. A really nice ceremony and a really nice reception. I thought they did well with their decorations and the appitizers they served to all the guests. It was also really nice seeing family that you only seem to see at such events. Whether its a birthday, a funeral or a birth of a baby. We have such a large family (both my parents are one of 4 or one of 5 siblings) but we NEVER meet up. How sad is that!

Well, last night a Frank Sinatra song came on. My mom's husband was there and of course he burst into tears. It would have been the perfect song that I KNOW my mom and him would have danced to. I know she would have loved it. So by trying to console him, I too end up bursting into tears.

I headed to the bathroom to clean up my eyes, and my cousins girlfriend had seen me and came up and hugged me. I have never really had a chance to talk to her really well, so I really thought it was a nice thing that she did that. It truely touched me.

I know my mom would have been at the wedding in spirit, and crying during the ceremony (my mom would cry at everything) I also know the outfit she would have chosen and its clearly etched into my mind. I am wondering if its a mental image shes showing me to know shes there.

Today was a hard day. Woke up just feeling fine, around 10:30am all of a sudden went through a bout of vertigo! That was NOT fun! I ended up having to take a gravol just so I could function for the rest of the day. Trust me, its not fun going through your day as if you stood and spun around 50 times and then tried to walk!

The contest that happened recently I did NOT get an email with the person claiming the prize, So.. first person who has not had a reading before that replies in this post in the comment section will be the new winner. After posting your reply and refreshing to ensure that your first one, please email cheri22@gmail.com with "new winner" in the subject line so I can schedule your reading:)

4 comments:

Jaclin said...

Hey Cheri, I know your mom was there with you guys at the wedding! I am glad you were able to be comfortated and your step-father too. Though I have had a reading from you before, if a newbie doesn't reply and you pick a "regular," I am replying! :o)

David R. said...

Hello Cheri. I usually don't read blogs (my wife reads yours) but she told me to read your blogs and reply to this blog. So, I guess I am doing what I am told...haha

Kimberly said...

Hi Cheri. I have not had a full reading done (only a free one) and would love to take advantage of it. Not sure if David R was taking advantage of it or not...but I would love one!

Missy said...

Hi Cheri! I actually just ordered my first reading today. I think what you do for people is great. I know what you mean about the vertigo. I had problems with that once and I thought I was going to go crazy.