Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My U/S appt

I had to have an u/s appt today. I have been having "off" periods for quite a few months, so my dr scheduled me for an u/s. Usually out here for "non emergency" appts they schedule you for two months in advance. Turns out, there was a cancelation today for 10:30am. I took it! They said it was okay to eat, and that i had to drink lots of water before my appt as they need to do it on a full bladder. I quickly downed one full glass of water (probably 2 cups worth) and headed into work, where I finished off 3/4 of a 1 litre bottle of water. By the time I headed to the hospital where they do the u/s, I had to pee so badly! There was NO PARKING ANYWHERE! I parked across the stress at the dr office, where I was worried I would be towed, but felt there was no choice. I got into the hospital and I quickly went into the washroom and let a slight bit out. Waited for a bit for the u/s room to open up, and they told me they were behind. I begged to goto the washroom again slight and she agreed. It was so hard sitting in that chair, and knowing that the only thing I was actaully thinking about, was that the minute my turn was done I could go pee! lol.

During my pelvic u/s, her pushing on my stomach almost made me explode and I jokingly asked her if her and the other technitions place bets to see which tech can get their patients to pee their pants first!

So what shes looking for according to my dr, is to see if there are any cysts, or uterine fibroids, or possible signs of PCOS, which could be causing the irregular bleeding. The tech would not answer any of the questions directly related to the images, and told me that my dr would have the results by Friday. So I guess I am stuck waiting to see what happens until Friday. Hopefully its something that is "easily" fixed! If anything at all.

0 comments: