Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2012 - are we doomed?

I think that by now we have all heard about the Maya Calendar and the end of the world on December 21, 2012. Now I guess is do you believe it? I know that its said that the Maya's predicted alot of events that have already happened and that their calendar ended on that particular date. People are now trying to translate that as to thinking that means that the end of the world is over at that date. I know we have websites going crazy with that, we have movies filling our head with doom and gloom.. you want my take on it?

I am the first to be scared of things like this. I know that the Y2K freaked me out and was so happy to be in the middle of no where with my close family hoping that if anything did happen that I would be fine! lol. I know that Sylvia Browne has predicted the end of the world for 2021 in her books saying that her visions do not go past that. (shes also predicted we will see aliens in 2010 and that it will be known once and for all that they do exist and no denying, so still waiting to see if that one is true!)

I guess for me, when I try and see if this is true, I ask my guides to please provide further insight on this. The interpretation is that NO this is not going to be the end of the world (but there are some people who are aiming to be disruptive and cause alot of problems!) That the reason for the Maya's ending their calendar at that point....well why not? You do have to stop somewhere or your going to have to keep writing it forever right? I think that they went pretty far with their calendar as it was. Its like trying to write all the numbers down in order.....are you just going to keep going "forever" and writing the numbers down or counting them? Cause you know they never end right? Just like the calendar. They had to stop somewhat and why not December 21, 2012? I know it sounds silly to not goto the 31st of December as technically thats the end of the year... but then I wonder.. what if back in the day when the Maya's were around, what if December 31st was NOT the end of the year?

Something to think about. Would love to hear your opinions on this.

(these are my thoughts and information I have received and are just that)

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I've always thought they had to stop somewhere. I mean why keep going? Numbers are infinity, they never end.

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

I dont think its the end, but just a beginning of their calndar just like BC, and AD. Thats my thoughts on that. :)

Jaclin said...

I think that the Mayans were smart people who just stopped at that date...that's it...lol I don't think that means the end of the world. If so, I sure have a lot to get done before then Dec 21, 2012. I think with visions, such as Sylvia's, she is only given so much. Maybe we are not allowed to have it all at once and know everything. I'm sure there are "rules" to how the world works and we are not meant to break all of them.

Mary said...

I completely agree. I think that they just ended their calendar just like ours ends in december. For all we know we arent even reading it right.

Anonymous said...

maybe Sylvia cant see past 2021 because she isnt being shown that.... I wouldnt even say that the world would end THEN, just cuz HER visions dont go that far, you know what I mean? I think people will get scared about the world ending, and they in itself will contribute to the hysteria that goes around just worrying about it!

Sharon said...

I agree as well....they have to stop somewhere and we shouldn't over analyze the whole thing. Its just a calendar and they had to stop somewhere! I also agree with Mindy about Sylvia.

Jenny Renny said...

Hey Cheri, It's JennyRenny - thought I would add my 2 cents here as I was actually in the Mayan Riviera just a few months ago. I remember standing there thinking to myself "ok, so according to this ancient culture, this time in 2 years this place will not exist." I didn't think - "the world will come to an end" - just that this place will not exist. My "prediction" (if you will) is something similar to the Californian outlook - the shift in plates under ground is going to break up the land making the landscape quite different - some land will break off either going under water totally or breaking off into small islands.

Babyglu2u said...

Maybe Sylvia's visions don't go past 2021 because SHE won't be here.