Recent Posts

Thursday, April 15, 2010

So do I win the clutzy mommy award?

I do believe everything happens in three's, so I am just wondering what is coming next!

A little while ago, I was here in the computer room with my youngest. She wanted to go back upstairs so off we went. I headed for the door that goes through the laundry room so we could make our way up there while carrying my youngest. Well I forgot about the bike helmet that was right at the doorway :( I stuck my foot in it and started to loose my balance. You know that running stumble you do when trying to regain your footing? Well I was doing that and trust me, it did not look graceful! This is something you would have expected on Amercia's Funniest Home Videos! Only the unfunny part was I was hold my almost 2 year old! I managed to cradle her and took the fall/impact on myself. My elbow was skinned, my knee bruised and I hurt all over. My youngest was crying, but more from being startled. When she looked at me, my hair was in my face, she stopped crying, fixed my hair and then started to cry again!

This morning, I was getting ready to have a shower. Usually my youngest will try and sneak in with me. This morning my husband left for work later, so it allowed me to sneak in while she was distracted. I get into the bathroom, turn the shower on, move the curtain and goto stick my right foot into the tub. Well the bottom of the tub might as well have been a slip and slide that's how slippery it was. I explained to a friend it was like stepping into butter and having no traction. Before I could even so "Oh *$#@!" I was on the bottom of the tub. I smashed my nose/face on the back of the tub (its one of those deep ones) and my left leg thigh on the side of the tub as it was dragged down into the tub with me. The worse part, was the shower was obviously not adjusted well and the water seemed to be cold. My husband came rushing in to find out what happened, and the first words out of my mouth was that the water was cold! He kinda laughed and asked if I had horrible balance. I explained what happened, and then continued with my shower. Last night my two girls had a bath with ALOT of bubbles. I guess when we drained the bath, it did not all go down. I will remember that for next time.

Lesson learned... and now about to pass it on to you mommies or soon to be mommies (and I guess daddies who do this too!) If you are taking your child into the shower with you, hop in first.... then turn to pick up your little one and bring them in. Had I been climbing in while holding my youngest (which I ALWAYS do) she would have had the brunt of the accident. Freaks me out to think "what if".

I am "okay". My nose is sensitive and sore. Not broken, but I am sure there will be a bruise there later. There is a nice color bruise on my left thigh (inner) though that hurts to sit down!

4 comments:

Jaclin said...

OMG Cheri! I'm glad to hear you are ok after all of that excitement! Believe me, I totally understand where you are coming from. Things like that happen to me like it's nothing. Last year, about 6wks after my c-section, I was helping my husband at work (we have a lawn business). I was pushing a mower from one side to another and had to cross a sewer drain/hole. Sooooo, as soon as I stepped on the lid, it flipped up and I fell in! The mower came back towards me, and when I pushed it away from my face, it went across the lawn and scalped the hell outta it! I still have the scars on my ribs 9 mos later. My husand just looked at me in disbelief...lol I have seen him walk across it many times w/ no problems. I guess his size 13/14 feet won't tip it. Heck, I wear a 9.5/10! Oh well, the story of my life!! Welcome to the club Cheri!! lol The "Shi* always happens to us for no reason club."

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh I hope you're doing okay now. I hope your daughter is not traumatized either. My sister, my son's aunt was holding him (16 months at the time, he's now 17 months old) and runs into something that tripped her. She fell and got herself to take most of the hit, but I know my son lightly hit the ground, his head hit the driveway. He didn't cry, he was in shock for a bit though. So we all have accidents, I've almost dropped my son a few times and I've had my own oppsies.

Cheri22 said...

Hi Amanda

I was actually really lucky the time I slipped in the bath, as I was completely alone. At times my youngest (Shes two next month) comes in with me. I was so lucky that time!

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh. You sound like me, balance impaired...glad you're ok!