Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Being positive is a state of mind....

I have had a few people ask how to start being more positive. If you think that every time something happens in your life the first thing that you do is throw a pity party for yourself, then you need to listen. Its about baby steps... its about changing your life one day at a time. If you think something instantly in a negative way, change it.. right then and there... after your negative thought say "scratch that" and then either out loud or even in your mind, replace it with something positive.

Crappy things happen... its life, and its not exception for me too. The big difference? Is the way I CHOOSE to see it. When something negative happens, I have always counted my blessings. I know that sounds crazy, why would someone count their blessings when something horrible happens to them? Well, because, my initial reaction is "gee that sucks" or what have you, but the positive person in me is then thankful that it was not worse... There is always someone who has had something happen that was worse to them, and I am thankful the situation/issue was not worse.

I try and be positive that things happen for a reason. When I did not win the contest for the "Star treatment" did I get all upset, and think that my life sucks and that nothing ever good happens? NO!!! I was positive about the experience, excited that they picked me to be one of the five finalists!!!

So try and rethink things as it slips out, and after doing something for long enough it will start to happen naturally. Did you know that it takes 21 days for a new habit to form?

So tell me something positive today! What happened in the last week, that was positive? Or even commenting with a question about being positive, or changing how you think... the theme is "positive" or happiness!

For everyone that posts a comment about something positive, or something that happened that made them feel good, will be entered to win a bypass reading (12.00 value). I will draw three winners and will announce the winners on SUNDAY! (giving enough people time to enter).


On a side note, I am starting the first round of the last winners, to help learn your own psychic abilities. Not everyone who entered has responded so not sure if they did not see my last post, or perhaps changed their mind. I am hoping to find someone on the pacific standard time zone, that would be available after 9pm, and then I should have everyone matched. So if this matches you, please email me cheri22@gmail.com and write "BLOG - PACIFIC STANDARD TIME" so I can match you and then give everyone their dates for this to take place:)

17 comments:

SnuggiesAndRatties said...

Today, I was able to help a rat that was very sick become well again after a long night of feeding, pushing fluid and making sure everything went well. I feel blessed to be able to help. I also tried a new recipie that came out wonderful!

chaminelly said...

My friend was 36 weeks pregnant and was afraid to give birth earlier than expected coz her cervix already opened at 1cm.. I prayed for her then visited her.. I taught her a claim to say "MY BABY WILL BE BORN AT THE RIGHT TIME & SHE WILL BE HEALTHY, COMPLETE, & PERFECT".. She got through that week w/out complications, and this week is her due date, as i type this she's at the hospital to give birth.. I pray both she and her baby would be fine.. I know they'll be..

FutureMrsG said...

Last week I entered my cat into pet idol in our local paper. He was short listed to the top 30 cats however did not then make it into the top 10. However I am very proud & happy he made it into the top 30, that is good enough for me, & to me & my fiance' he's the best looking wee cat around anyway =)

Bianca said...

This week so much has made me happy. My husband accepted a job offer thag will allow him to be home more. I secured my job and am able to take my son to work witj me (I work at a school and he is starting Kinder) and on Sunday I visited church that might actually be great for our family. Neve min thag our water heater is dead and we are broke. I try to focu on he positive and realize I am blessed!

CaitT said...

My husband and I met up with a friend of his that has a new girlfriend he wanted us to meet. He doesn't really date much so this was a big deal and she is fantastic! He told us at dinner that after our wedding in October 2010, he was inspired to try eHarmony because that's how we met. :) 2 weeks later, he met his girlfriend and they are incredibly happy. We feel lucky that we met the way we did, and that we inspired 5 of my husbands friends to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

My sister had a baby last week, I am so happy for her and her husband:) And So excited about being an Aunt for the first time! Also, I was in a fender bender with a girl I work with on Monday, I rear ended her car. So I am looking the fact that I work with her and no one was hurt as a positive.
-Michelle AKA Lovinsbobo

Lia said...

Just breastfeeding my baby makes me happy, she looks so content and peaceful when she looks into my eyes :-)

Katrina Farnum said...

This month is a very important to the muslims in my community. The are celebrating the month of Ramadan. During this month the local mosque or Islamic centers offer dinner to feed people who are not able to afford a decent mean. I am very proud of my self as I made some food and sent it to the mosque near my home, and was able to help feed people. Its such an amazing feeling!

Susie said...

My brother is getting married on the 20th of this month(just a couple days away!!). He is a single dad, with two daughters that he has raised WONDERFULLY! His fiance has completely stepped into the role of mother. I can't even describe how it makes me feel that she so openly and quickly stepped into it(shall I say jump). This weekend is a joyous one, as my brother deserves this, and I get to have her as my sister in law!!!

Anonymous said...

A pipe burst in my kitchen and we are having to stay at my in laws..... the positive to this is I have been wanting to redo my kitchen and can now do so, FREE!!! thank you Mr insurance man and crappy pipe :)


Ashley Hilton **** cahilton@ymail.com

Sebrina said...

Something positive that has happened to me this week is that I have caught myself up with my school work. I have a job interview coming up and I got to see my neice and nephew.

Kausha said...

hi Cheri, After "liking" your page I finally got my BFP!!I was worried that we would not have enough money for all of us..I know, I might sound stupid but after 2 boys and 1 m/c I really needed a baby girl and am pregnant now!! I made up my mind that we will adjust ourselves and the budget, started thinking positive(as you always say)I feel really happy and blessed..

Candy said...

Something positive. 3 weeks ago I had an interview for a job that was paying double the salary that I am making now. It was my first resume in 5 years. It was down to me and someone else and last week on vacation I found out they went with the other person. Well I was grateful that I still had a job. So I kept looking and sent out a resume on the 15th and by the 17th I was contacted and I have a interview set up for next Tuesday. So...if not this one, the right job will come along!!!

Tarryn R said...

Wonderful post. Just what I needed! Well after several long years of unemployment my husband has a job interview next week. I also received word that my best friend is pregnant with her first baby and it is a boy. Embracing all the positive news.

Jen said...

I'm going through infetility treatments and had my current cycle canceled because of poor response to the medications. At first, I was very upset. Then I reframed my thoughts (scratch that) and assured myself my body will do it's job in due time. I will achieve pregnancy when the time is right. My body knows what it is doing. Reframing my thoughts helped me to feel better emotionally. I can't change what happened, but I can change how I react to it!

Anonymous said...

Appreciating my husband and daughter when I see what others are going through -- we are so lucky to have each other!

Stacy said...

I told my boss that I am pregnant, and he took it a lot better than I thought. As a matter of fact, he was super supportive! It made me sooo happy to have that weight lifted off my shoulders.