Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Anyone else find this time of year crazy busy?

I usually try and have all my Christmas shopping done by the start of december, as I usually shop year round and just store it in my closet downstairs...but this year, haven't really found what I was looking for. So here I am today, going to a few locations to try and find that "perfect gift"... and what did I find? The 'perfect' line up! Oh my gosh! I was at the dollar store today and there must have been like 15 people in each of the two line ups that was there. I did not have enough time to wait in line so put my basket down and walked out. Headed over to zellers, and line ups where "bad" but not nearly as the dollar store. Can you believe it, we actually only have ONE dollar store out there? (one that is worth going to, I think that there is another one, but its not just a dollar!)

My grandmother is hard to buy for this year. What do you buy someone who is 80 years old? They are already starting to give away some of their belongings as they want to ensure that people are going to cherish what they have been given when they are gone. So I didn't want to buy her a 'trinket" that she had to worry about finding a home for. She has a million puzzles she just got for her birthday.. so what do you get them? Well, I made a calendar through picaboo (I got a "groupon" certificate by spending $35.00 and got $100.00 worth of credit! Love that site) and went on to my families facebook pages, and "stole" their pictures. I imported into the calendar, trying to include everyone in my grandmothers family (She had 5 kids!) and included everyones birthdays. Her recent complaint is how she can't keep everyone straight with who's birthday is when, and loves to send out birthday cards, but forgets half the time. Well, this calendar has all the birthdays in big letters, and today, by going to zellers, picked up those "general birthday card assortment box". It has like 15 cards for all kinds of birthdays and only cost 7.99!! So this gift in my mind is "perfect". It wont stay "forever" and will help right? I am hoping she likes my gift.

Anyone else have that "hard to buy for person" this year? Would love to hear your ideas!

Hoping to start again in the new year with posts that also focus again on awakening your own spiritual side!

2 comments:

ACrystalLilly said...

That is such a great Idea Cheri. I am most sure she will love it. I had done a simular project for my sisters wedding in 2004.

I Did my Dads Side of the Family and put all the childrens pictures and other relatives on that side passed on and present and called it my "This is Your Life" Book. She cried so I think that I did a great job... kudos to all of us for thinking outside the box for gifts

Anonymous said...

Hey. I'm Dodie. I sent you an email about wanting to get a reading about conception, edd, and gender. I forgot to inform you that this will be our 3rd child and our fourth pregnancy. Our first pregnancy was successful, our 2nd we m/c, our 3rd pregnancy was also successful. Thanks in advance :)