Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Taking Control

First off, I'd like thank Cheri for allowing me the opportunity to post on her blog. Thanks Cheri! :-)


I have to admit I had a little trouble deciding what to write about this first time as many ideas were circulating in my head. But there was one in particular that seemed to take precedence over the others. One concept I could personally relate to. And that is the importance of "letting go" when it comes to trying to conceive. I'm not going to say, 'relax and let it happen' (although I feel there is some truth to that!) What I'm saying is, or suggesting is, to "shift your focus" to something you have complete control over.


While we have limited control (in my opinion) over when our babies decide to come in (outside of checking for blockages and hormonal issues), we have TOTAL control over optimizing our health through proper diet and exercise, for example. Of course, you want to put the thought out there to the universe that you'd like to conceive and give birth to healthy child. As I say to my clients, "Visualize it happening!" Think it, visualize it, FEEL it! Then step back and "let it go". Allow the universe to do its magic!


And while you're "waiting", focus on what you can do NOW! For ME, that was taking charge of my health, eating the right foods, drinking enough water, exercising again, becoming the best I could be, for ME. Baby or not! I guess you could say I "freed" myself from TTC's "grasp." I felt liberated and IN CONTROL. And it felt GREAT!


So my message is.... Don't "wait"..... ACT! Be proactive! Eat foods that nourish your body, drink enough water that every organ needs to function properly,exercise to improve overall circulation and reduce stress, meditate, do yoga, be good to yourself. Shift your energies away slightly from TTC and those predicted time-frames...holding on too tightly may cause delays. Focus on what you can do in the present moment! Get yourself healthy, go for a walk, take care of yourself. Take CHARGE of what you CAN control! You may even find yourself pregnant in the process!

Blessings to all!

-Brooke


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great advice ~ but not always easy to follow! It took me nearly 18 months of actively TTC to "let it go". Although I'm not pregnant yet, I feel much better and less stressed overall.

mommyto2 said...

Great advice! Especially the diet and exercise part...worked for me!

Brooke777 said...

Took me a while too! After two years of TTC it hit me. I wanted to take control over my life again. I know baby is coming..everything's in working order, so why not focus on getting in the best shape of my life!? Maybe, just maybe, that's what this baby is waiting for! :-)
Thanks for your comments ladies!
-Brooke

Vince's Babe said...

I think it is very important to let it go.. I used to google every single thing. I spent hours searching in the end I still have no control. Living again.. is the best. Excellent . thanks Brooke. I also want to say you have been so accurate for me.. Thank you

Michelle said...

This is fantastic advice. I don't know where I'd be without such wisdom from dso many sources. I started eating better and changed my routine and started drinking tons of water and it has made such a differece. I am not pregnant yet, but I feel like it will just be the next step in this great process.
Thanks for sharing your advice with us Brooke - Helps to have the viewpoint of someone who is in the same boat!!

Tracy said...

Great advice!!! After my miscarriage last November and then another 5 months of fertility treatments (and being told IVF would be best) I decided it was time to work on me and only me. I have been a mom since I was 18 so to do something just for me felt bad. But I did it and I have lost 65#'s. I got a huge surprise in Aug and found out I was pregnant. This pregnancy ened up being a tubal but I got preg. on my own. I have grieved for over a month and decided it was time I picked myself up again. I gained 9 pounds back in that month and just this week alone I have lost 3 of them. I am back to eating properly and back to exercising by walking on the treadmill because I have still not been released medically to do anymore. I have found ME time is really important not just for my body but for my mental health as well.

brooke777 said...

That's WONDERFUL, Tracy!!!
You proved to yourself that you can conceive on your own! SO many times drs say we cannot, only to prove them wrong!
Congratulations on finding YOU!
-Brooke