Recent Posts

Monday, October 19, 2009

Color me surprised.....

okay, if you are to color me surprised, what color would I be?

I know it sounds silly but this is really something I was thinking about the other day. Now when you are feeling scared, people attach "yellow" as the color. When your feeling sad, people ask if your feeling "blue".. when you think of death, people usually think black or white.... love of course is red.. so what color would I be if I was surprised?

I went to a wedding on the weekend. It was located up on Grouse Mountain. It was POURING up there. I guess you would be able to say it was raining cats and dogs! My husband dropped us off at the front where we have to go and ride this sky tram up to the top (picture above) and I ended up running through this massive puddle! It came right up into my shoes! I was more worried that I was going to slip in it and land on my butt, so I think I will take the wet shoes!

We had left in what I thought was plenty of time but after taking the sky tram the 8 minutes to the top, we managed to get there exactly on time. Everything was said to start at 5:30pm. We walked into the doors at 5:30pm and everyone was still mingling about.

My friend who I have not chatted with for years, wanted to see pictures of my girls. I went and grabbed the zipper to my purse and it came FLYING off! I kinda stood there a bit baffled as I hadn't realize just how worn out it was getting and had to go in search of my husband to help me fix it. After he stopped laughing that my purse had basically exploded, he tried to help me fix it. After it was finally put back together, the zipper would not stay closed. I insisted on after the ceremony of the wedding to head down to the gift shop and get another purse. I have been trying to get a new purse for a few months now (I seem to be not just a penaholic, but a purseacholic too!) But the two purses I bought over the last two months had to be returned as the zipper was BROKEN!

I get to the gift shop and guess what... the purses they had were 130.00-160.00!!! Sure they were real leather, but I am NOT going to spend that money on a purse! (I am too cheap!)

So after asking the cashier what else they had, I mentioned I would even take a backpack at this point, she steered me towards these "purse/backpacks". The choice was limited, and had blue and grey, and the new Vancouver 2010 Olympic logo on it as well. I figured it was the cheaper of the bunch (still 30.00) but it was "use able" and would be able to give it to my daughter when I was done.

I walked back up to where everyone was waiting before going to the reception and my husband spots me and starts laughing at my new "purse" and calling it a lunch box! Yes okay, it certainly did look like it could pass as one, but after I let him know how much the other purses were going to cost me, I think he kinda liked my new temporary bag!

This weekend kinda flew by. Perhaps its was the fact we did not get home until 2am in the morning and that our girls were up at 8am... or the fact I had to run out yesterday and locate a purse asap for all my "stuff".

So I am cheating today and giving away a free fertility reiki session.. anyone who answers the question about color me surprised above, is entered to win. Winner will be announced Tuesday!

17 comments:

Suzie said...

I think surprised is the color pink! You know, like when you get a little pink in the cheeks from the shock of your surprise...

maria e said...

Im thinking orange.

Anonymous said...

For some odd reason the first color that came to mind is turquoise.

Diana R. said...

I say Purple, because when that girl Violet turned Violet on Willy Wonka, she sure did look surprised !!! :) lol..

christina said...

I'm not for certain what color should be surprised, but maybe rainbow. An array of colors because a rainbow comes out of the sky surprisingly only certain times. Plus the emotions with surprise could be different colors! New slang word for surprised "I got rainbowed" hehehehe..

trying1009 said...

I'm going to stay the surprise colour is PURPLE or maybe ORANGE!
P.s I have about 19 purses most of them I don't use but I'll still shop for more, it's a horrible addiction... ha ha

Anonymous said...

Green, definitely green.

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to go with purple! I don't have any reasoning, just came to mind and I like the color as much as I like to be suprised! Sorry to hear about your purse fiasco...hopefully you find a replacement with a better cost sooner or later.
Courtney

Krystal said...

I was thinking purple for some reason. First color that came to mind when you asked.

Miranda said...

I think Yellow and I am not scared at all!!

Unknown said...

Well, I have a rather hideous blush compact that my S.O. calls Birthday Makeup cause because it makes me look like I'm blushing.. when I wear it he always jokes "Surprise!!!" So I am going to have to say "colour 23 Fantasy Tickled Pink" :D

Anonymous said...

when I think Surprise!!! I think of lots of pretty, different colored lights.

Alicia.
silverfairy18@hotmail.com

Tasha said...

Orange. Why I don't know, but that is what's coming to me.

Laurie said...

I think maybe brown. Who wouldn't be surprised to have pooh on them.

Sharon said...

I think surprise is the color Orange. No particular reason why :)

Krystal said...

Did you ever announce who won? :) Keeping you on your toes!

Tammy said...

I was wandering who was the winner also?I did not see it announced either.