Recent Posts

Friday, December 3, 2010

The "spoil yourself contest" winner's details!!

Hello Cheri,

I finally had some time off from work to spoil myself and here are the detail:

I didn't expect to receive the 50.00 blog winning. When I received Cheri's email stating Amanda was passing the winning over to me I was over joyed and so thankful!!
As everyone may have heard my mother passed away on October 4th and I was extremely devastated and really felt lost. I was hit with the harsh reallity that I had to plan a funeral service for my mother who I expected to live nothing less than forever :) Prior to planning the service I hadn't treated myself to anything in over a year. I guess we get so bogged down with life and living that we forget to stop and treat our vessel! After taking a day to enjoy myself this is now something I plan to do at least once a month.
To start my day of spoiling i went to the local coffee shop for a muffin a cup of coffee and a wonderful book and enjoyed the time alone. At that time I didn't know how I was going to enjoy the rest of the day. I decided to do something that my mother and I would always do. i went to the local cosmetology school for a day of beauty. I got a manicure, pedicure, facial, eyebrow wax and my hair curled all for 40.00!!!! It was amazing to say the least. It was so relaxing and I felt wonderful and beautiful afterwards! I just want to say THANK YOU AMANDA AND CHERI from the bottom of my heart. I really needed this. This is something that we all deserve! Even if it means putting aside just $5 or $10 a week just to take that time to stop and treat yourself it is something that is well worth it. Thanks again!

Ty206

3 comments:

Lynn said...

That is awesome!! I'm gonna have to look into doing the same. Glad you enjoyed your day!!

ty206 said...

thanks lynn! It was so much fun! ty206

Amanda S said...

The way you spent your day spoiling yourself sounds awesome! I am so glad you are going to spend more time on yourself. I agree that its worth putting a little money away to do something for ourselves. I am still sorry to hear about your mom and you are in my thoughts

~Amanda S.