Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The one who stands in your way for 'greatness' in this life...

Is YOURSELF!

There are always things that we want or want to do, but for some reason always end up putting it on hold, something else comes up, and we are often selling ourselves short.

I know that most of us have been brought up to be nice, do nice things for others, to not be selfish....etc.. but what we have also been taught, is that your life needs BALANCE. If your always giving of yourself, what is left for you? Its okay to be "selfish" at times for wanting to do things for yourself. I think that this is something that we often forget.

In my "need" to help others, and do good things, I have often forgotten what Cheri wants. Often too freely giving of my time, often committing myself to things that really have nothing to do with me, or have me going so far out of my way to be accommodating to someone or something, that I have somehow lost the reason I agreed in the first place.

I mentioned that this was part of my recent lesson in life. The ability to say "no" when I really did not want to do something, or to limit the amount of help I offer. This is a constant in my life right now and is very hard to do. I have a hard time saying no.

I think that this topic is also linked to depression. (I do not have it). Too many people are focusing on others problems, that they are often avoiding their own. You really need to realize that you have a choice here. You can either allow the depression to swallow you whole, and wreck havoc on your life and those around you... or you can admit that you need help, accept the help your given, which will allow you to refocus your life and where your priorities are.

You need to have time to focus on yourself as well. You NEED to realize that this is your life here. Yes we are able to reincarnate, but this is the only life you have as this particular person. These lessons you need to learn, these people around you in this shape/form/personality. So realize your full potential in this life. Realize that there are choices to be made, to enrich your life and make it more fuller.

Not enjoying what you do for a living? There is nothing stopping you from making that choice. Find another location (yes change is scary, but it can also enrich your life) Find another profession... there are subtle changes you can do to make things better.

If you had one thing that you could do for yourself, what would it be? A trip? A new vehicle? Would you change your profession? Have more kids?

For me. I would have more time to spend with the kids. More hours in the day to be able to get everything I want done. Gosh here I go again! Thinking of things I could do for/with other people. Hmmm.. For myself.. I would like a perm again, or some highlights because it makes me feel nice. I would work out at the gym to feel healthier...

1 comments:

Katie said...

One thing I would like to do for myself is cook more often. I find that I am always rushing around from one thing to the next and by the time I am home I'm starving and grab fast food or a sandwich. I know it's not good for me or my baby but I need to make some changes to make that a priority for me.