Recent Posts

Saturday, November 27, 2010

If you see a laptop going out the window...it was probably mine!

Well, it all started with my computer having this pop up menu from dell to do a backup. I always just ignore it and tell it to remind me later! Well thats been going on for about a year, figured I would follow the link and see what else is had. Well, it wanted to do a diagnostic, so I let it do it only to get these links to tell me that I needed to back up everything "IMMEDIATELY" because my hard drive was going to crash. After talking to Dell who confirmed what it said, and said would send me a new hard drive within 2 days it was freaky! I dont have alot of stuff on my lap top as I use it for my readings mostly (and facebook), so I just saved my pictures and some documents and I was good to go.

I got the hard drive delivered, a friend of mine installed it and then I used the CD's to reinstall my programs. Well on most lap tops, they have that touchpad mouse. For the life of me, could not figure out how to turn it off! Everytime I even attempted to start typeing, even if my finger just grazed it, the pointer spot would jump anywhere in the page and my text would get all messed up. Talk about frustrating! I tried for an HOUR to turn it off, nope!

Called Dell the next day who said I had not installed a driver, they took over the computer and fixed it. Thank goodness for that! Turns out, had to call them a few hours later as the computer was taking FOREVER to load anything! Again, another call to Dell, them taking over the computer for 45 minutes while they adjusted more settings, installed more drivers and made the computer good as new!

Trust me, with the problems I was having, was definatley ready to chuck the lap top out the window! So happy now that things are back up and running and can get back into the swing of things.

We had snow the other day which my girls both loved. They played outside, but not able to really make a snowman. The snow was too "fluffy" if thats even possible for it to really pack and stick together. My husband decided to come and watch us or so I thought until he pelted me with a snowball in the butt!

My youngest is having horrible sleeps. I am thinking that shes getting a bit hot at night, but also has allergies.. always stuffed up and with the change of weather and getting a bit dry that has to cause problems too. I was looking for a humidifier for her room, and they dont have any kid ones! I know I have seen online little frog ones that you can use for the kids room and it was reasonably priced. Here, nope!

We dont have black friday here in Canada, but I think that they are trying to mimic it here to some degree. I was at the mall yesterday looking for a humidifier and Zellers was locked down until 6pm. There must have been 100 people waiting at the doors to go in. As I had not seen the flyer I had no clue why so many people would be waiting outside. They opened the doors and people started RUNNING into the store. It was kinda actually funny to see. I found out that in some stores in the states, made the local news as people were being trampled! How crazy is that! Hopefully none of you had that happen to you!

Christimas is fast approaching.. whats on your wish list this year?

6 comments:

ACrystalLilly said...

Hello Cheri,

Im sorry that your computer gave you so much trouble but glad it was fixed finally. My husbands response to your Title is " Well it is called Windows" lol My wish list consists of 2 things A child, and a no drama Christmas with everyone showing up.

Cheri22 said...

that is hilarious comment about windows!! Never heard that one before!

I do understand your wish list, and I did get your email. I might not be able to respond tonight, but will this weekend:)

Candy218 said...

Cheri,

On my Christmas list would be, happiness and healthiness for everyone, may no one be alone or feel alone on Christmas, and may everyone get whats on their Christmas list ; )

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

On my list? A baby,and maybe a visit from my dad, whereever in heaven he may be!! I hope you have better lick with your Dell! I have been ready to chuck mine out the window most days as well! Lol

Unknown said...

hey cheri,

i just wanted to say that you should be able to find a humidifier for your daughter at toys r us. We got a penguin one there last year for our son, and its been great. Its actually cool mist that comes out too, so you dont have to worry about burns from hot water/air!
I have even stolen it on occasion when i have been stuffy and its been great!
Hope your little one feels better soon
Danna :)