Recent Posts

Friday, November 12, 2010

What a crazy week this has been!

It has literally been a crazy week for me. This week has Rememberance day smack in the middle of the week. We were lucky that our school was closed Thursday & Friday, but I know most people still had to work. I still provided daycare today but it was nice not to have to rush back and forth to the school!

Wednesday one of the mom's at the school hit my van. Not a huge thing, but she scratched the bumper and headlight pretty bad. She is really hoping we can settle without the insurance company and now I am not so sure. Yes, the damage is not huge, but its an eye sore, and not there before she hit it. Well she now explained to me today that the person shes hoping that can fix my van is located about a 30 minute drive from me. Ummm.. NO.... I require my van for daycare purposes for one thing, and she was thinking that she would borrow my van, drive it into the city to be fixed and lend me her Mom's van.. Ummm... NO. First of all, she hit me.. What makes her think that I am going to let her drive my van? (I have heard from her daycare provider that she can't drive very well and is always running over things getting into her driveway!). Then I get the impression that this place she wants to take my van to be fixed, is NOT a business, but rather a person who seems to be able to repaint things? Umm.. NO. I want it professionally done. The bumper is also gouged out you cant just repaint over that. The headlight has to be replaced. You can't fix it. I told her I was okay going to an auto wrecker and getting another light as long as it does not look like crap. So, not really sure what to do here. I heard through the grapevine that shes not doing well financially, I understand that.... But then I am wondering if again my own life lesson is here at work.. where I seem to always be bending over backwards for people when its not really something I should be.. What do you guys think? What would you be doing?

Then today, at the mall, you can tell that everyone is getting grumpy as it gets closer to Christmas. The Christmas shoppers are all out there! I went to purdy's to get the smiley chocolates and the service was HORRIBLE. I waited awhile to even have the server acknowledge me, she was talking to an elderly gentleman who seemed to be asking endless questions, like he had never eaten a chocolate before. (She even gave him a free sample). Finally she walked towards me and asked me basically what I wanted. Not that it was said in a nice tone. I said I was wanting to get the smiley face chocolates and was almost going to leave. I didn't think that I had said it in a wrong tone, but she then commented on how busy it was, and that she was the only one there. I commented back " yeah we had waited for awhile and one guy left" I just made the comment, not realizing she would say "well patience is a virtue" in a snarky tone. I didn't think that was necessary. I have too been in customer service, and being polite is always the best policy even if your not happy or overwhelmed. I would have replied "I am so sorry you had to wait, how can I help you?".

Then the new walmart opened today. I took my two daughters and my one daycare girl. It was SWAMPED. Its a MEGA Walmart and we did not get to see everything either for the time that we were there, and the amount of people. They had alot of "stations" offering free samples. This one had chips I asked the two older girls if they wanted to try a sample, they said Yes. Then this other lady beside me in the aisle coming towards us asked her two kids. My eldest took hers, the lady grabbed one, then my daycare kid went to grab hers and the lady started to reach for it again. I was kinda shocked as the person doing the samples was having a hard time keeping up. She took her hand away and allowed my daycare girl to get it. Her friend then makes a comment about how her friend has good patience and would have blown up at me? Gosh what happened to taking turns?

Sorry for the vent. Sometimes things just kinda get you the wrong way and drive you crazy! I even had a client of mine, email me saying some mean/nasty things because shes not pregnant yet. I explained that she needed to wait until the month I provided her was over (Its only just begun) and to wait until its passed as EDD too before she emails me all mad. Its the 12th today. I provided her November as a connection. Sorry, I understand how frustrating the journey is for trying to conceive, I have been there I do truly understand....but the mean/rude emails are not necessary. They do hurt my feelings as I do help everyone and provide as much information as I can to help people be successful....but sometimes it takes time and patience, and its nothing I can do about that. I am always willing to do updates for people who have had both conceive month and EDD/Find out month pass by....all you have to do is ask:)

Venting is a good thing.. it helps to get things off your chest and release any emotions your holding on to because of the event... so heres your chance, comment in the section below about whats bugging you:)

11 comments:

Amanda S. said...

I am sorry about your week. Thats crazy about the woman hitting your car and then wanting to drive it to get it fixed. And how rude can people be?! I would of at least given them a dirty look because there was no need to say that. My week had it ups and downs.Its been a frustrating week. My significant other's family overexaggerated a blog on facebook I wrote and the way they had put it to my S.O had made him mad. It had to do with our son. So it caused an unnecessary fight that did not need to happen. They always exaggerate the truth to get one of us angry at the other. I had just realized it a few days ago. I have no clue why they suddenly seem to dislike me. Oh well. Not my problem.

Cheri22 said...

Hey Amanda

I dont think that its not that they like you.. some people just seem to enjoy drama..

Some people love fireworks.. and they can't help it but set it off and watch the "show"...

I think that there is not enough "fireworks" in their own life, and used your blog entry to their advantage. I think that they just wanted to see what would happen and were not thinking about what could cause it. I wish I could say you could block them from your blog.. but I dont think that they have anything better to do than try and cause trouble.

kate said...

Wow, Cheri that's quite a week. If I were you I would definitely get your van fixed at a reputable business, this woman that hit you is a little out to lunch to think she can just drive your van and get it fixed for you! Crazy woman.

Tonight my daughter and I were shopping at Children's Place, I went up to the cashier to ask the price of a dress, she seemed quite put out that I was interrupting her. Anyway in the middle of looking up the price another staff person comes up with the telephone in his hand, he's having trouble finding out about his 'cell phone' plan! She stops helping me and starts a discussion with him, I was quite ticked, customer service didn't exist at that location. Thanks I needed to vent!

Candy218 said...

ahh I love to vent. I'm sorry your week was sucky...it seems to be going around. There's this one lady at work we used to be friends BUT she decided to "not tell me things" but tell everyone else and tell them shhh don't tell her(me)...I don't have time for baby games so...I decided that I don't need someone like that in my life so I stopped talking to her....so she's been giving me rotten looks at work, which is a real downer...like it's my problem she's not a quality "friend"....we also had a food drive at work and we divided our departments into groups, and the one group said that my group cheated....hello how can you cheat if you are donating food for a good cause. So short of the long...too late, our team won and the other team talked crap...again it's for a good cause...the people who need the food and get the food won't really care who won and who lost. It kills me when people are so negative. It's like anything thats good they always find the bad and B*tch about something.

Here's to next week being much improved ; )

Cheri22 said...

Hi Kate,
i am not usually a "trouble maker" but did call Purdy's head office and give them the heads up about my experinece. If you got the name of the employee I would certainly be giving them a call and letting them know what is going on there! I used to do mystery shopping and that is a TOTAL no no!

"Candy", oh my gosh, how hard would it be to work with someone who is always "verbally" out to get you. Its hard when someone is jealous of things that happen in your life and try and find things that are "bad" as a way of trying to make themselves feel better. The best way to deal with an "office bully" is to not give a reaction. Try your best not to comment to anyone about things shes saying/doing as a way to get under your skin... act like you dont notice as eventually her efforts will die down and she will find someone else to irritate. If she catch her looking at you, smile and wave:) Dont even make a motion that you caught her glare, act like you haven't a clue in the world shes a you know what:) lol

ACrystalLilly said...

OMG...What a week. Im so sorry Cheri and all others who have had bad experiences with people in general.

In my world, venting is also a great thing. I have a book. Just first chapter is Family oh sorry being non existent since I moved with my husband from MA to NJ so that we could save money. I have only heard from them when I call them and when I do talk to them they ask if I am pregnant and then I find out that my brother and his Girlfriend whom I like are trying for another child - brother has a beautiful 2 1/2 year old. Mind you I moved in May 2009. My SIL is getting married in April and while I am very happy for her I does remind me about my wedding in 2007 that my mother was not able to attend because she had a triple bypass and was told that if she left the hospital she would die and to this day I have not been able to talk about my wedding with her. My husband and I had even talked extensively about having a renewing of our vows upon getting money together so that we could have everyone there not to mention that my husbands family was not there either and my sister decided that she was not going to be part of my wedding guess we have to wait again ..... grrrr vent over.... thanks for the opportunity to get that off my chest Cheri. Blessings cant wait to see what happens

Anonymous said...

Wow what a week you have had, I think you should get your car fixed somewhere you feel comfortable taking it.
Sadly this time of year is when all the grumpy & nasty people come out I work in a shopping complex for the 6 weeks leading up to x-mas and am amazed at peoples rudeness.I am sorry you had a client that was rude you do not deserve that and we must relise that you are passing on what you have been told .You have been right both times with me and in about 3 weeks I will let you know if its a boy or girl.
I hope ypur new week is better then your last
Lorna

Patty D. said...

wow Cheri sorry hun that you have been through so much this week..hope it all gets better...and also that is uncalled for what the lady emailed you about not getting pregnant when you said I know for me when my months have passed you was always very nice and caring and helped me with any questions or anything that you seen that would change the conception/find out/EDD months for me and just like now I have emailed you since the months have already passed I think you give what 2 years for your dates and now they have passed so just a hint there is an email for you...;o) and I thank you for that but please for everything that you have went through this week please don't let them bring you down hun your such a wonderful and caring person....

Love,
patty D.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You've had quite a week Cheri! Some people just can't help themselves I think and take out their frustrations with their life situations on others in hopes to feel better. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work that way and I'm really sorry that you were made to feel bad like that.. wasn't right at all. Here's to hoping that you have a better week this week coming! :))

Mandy P.

Lori said...

I hope this next week is going better for you! Someone backed in to my car years ago, and we tried to settle it without nsurance....I will never do that again. My situation was similar, they were making demands about quotes etc. and she was the one that backed in to me! Eventually I got tired of trying to help them out and put it through insurance so I didn't have to deal with them any more.
Good luck, I hope you get it fixed soon.

Krista said...

I think last week was "worldwide sucky week" haha. Everyone i was in contact with had something nasty going on including myself. I'm sorry Cheri! That lady who hit your van seems a bit shady to me... too insistent on taking care of it herself rather than involve insurance (i'm assuming she has ins with her stellar driving abilities??)just screams i'm up to something more than just being short on $. You stick to your guns and take your van where YOU want to!
Ah, yes. the lovely, joyous time of year where ppl are willing to kill each other for that perfect gift... i usually force myself NOT to shop for anything other than food during this time of year. their moods rub off on me and i'm not a fan of being ill for no good reason. I'd have told that Purdy's chick to pull the reindeer out of her oh so patient a$$!
I'm really sorry about the nasty email from that client... that makes me mad. Some people will try to put blame or take it out on others when things don't go their way no matter how ridiculous it is... TTC is tough all around, especially when you've been at it for a long time with no success and/or m/c's. Her getting her panties in a bunch at you isn't going to get her pg any quicker.grr.

Hope you're having a better week miss Cheri!!