Recent Posts

Friday, February 4, 2011

An amazing storey

I asked one of my clients to share her storey. She said that creating her vision board has been a rewarding experinece, allowed her more motivation and basically got her life back on track. Shes in a happier place. Shes agreed to share her storey in the hopes that those of you in a similar position to what she was going through, might find this helpful as well.

This has been copied/pasted from her email (with her permission of course!) If you have any questions, you can email me cheri22@gmail.com and I can put you in touch with her... or you can post in the comments below as I know she does read this blog and knows her storey is about to be posted:)

My vision board experience.

Last week I had to deal with something that I’ve been putting off for months/years. When I finally dealt with it, I went into a deep depressed downward spiral. I decided to get a reading done about the situation. While I waited for my response, I ended up going to work the next day and started to cry in my co-workers office. He asked me if I was ok and all I did was shook my head and said no, my spirit is broken. I had something I was dealing with and held it inside for such a long time. I called my friend and we talked for 2 hours and I cried and I told her my situation. I took the next day off from work (Friday)and stayed in bed all day. I was such in a state that the thought of eating food, made me want to vomit. I had no desire to do anything. It was one of those moments where if I had the energy I would have pulled a Brittany and shaved my head and grabbed an umbrella and beat the window of a SUV. (look that up if you have no idea what I’m talking about.) But I think we all know the feeling that I’m referring to. I read Cheri’s blog and saw the vision board post. I was still waiting for my reading and said to myself….that’s what I’m going to do, I’m going to make my vision board. So the next day I got up out of
bed grabbed a magazine and started searching and cutting. I didn’t have any more so I went to the local bookstore and bought 4 magazines. I grabbed magazines where I knew there would be pictures and sayings that I wanted to put on my board. Went to the art store bought 2 poster boards and a glue stick. I then went to the lady who gives me my reiki treatments (she also owns a store).
I came in she saw my face and was like whats wrong. Two weeks ago I had a reiki treatment done and afterwards my reiki master said, the weight gain that you are experiencing (I gained 10 lbs.) is because you are fearful about something and you need to deal with that your body is protecting yourself. So I lied and gave her some lame story. So I came in to tell her my truth. I ended up staying for 2 hrs and we talked and I cried and I
told her about my vision board. She said that was a great idea and that she was going to make one too.
So I ended up buying some reiki charged candles (crystal journey) they smell great too, and came home lit my candles and cut out all these wonderful sayings and pictures. I felt like a little kid again, and the
board gave me a purpose again. When I was done, I had a great big smile on my face. I taped it up on the back of my bedroom door. I look at it and read it every day before I go to work and before I go to bed/meditate. Cheri’s reading came in and she said I’m on the right path now. I responded back telling her how the vision board really helped me turn my attitude and mindset around. She then asked me if anyone (friends/family) had noticed the shift in my energy because she could tell from a matter of days the change.
So this is what I noticed I have noticed that once I made a change in my thinking, and my life, it seemed like everyone followed. Right away people (strangers, men and women) smiled said hi, held doors open....the one woman I wasn't getting along with at work (we haven’t spoke to each other
or even looked at each other for about 3 months) I walked up to her and told her why I had been feeling the way i was about her and the way she treated me and she hugged me and said I still love you........
When I meditate before bed, I can feel in the pit of my stomach this energy, it feels light, it feels uplifting so I can actually feel my body taking on this new positive energy....and I tell myself I deserve all this good stuff.......I deserve it.....everyone deserves good stuff......and now it's my time.!!!!! Before it was this heavy energy in the pit of my stomach, the doubt, the negative feelings……..I can feel each day I’m
getting stronger or more powerful. I know this post is long but not only did I make the board, I also get reiki treatments done which also can get that negative energy out of your body and make everything lighter and you can reclaim your personal power if you lost it. (check that out if you are looking for more ways to clear your energy)
So make a board, have fun with it, put whatever you want on it, and
keep adding to it. Relax and say thank you for whatever is on your board and remember things can happen and they will happen because you deserve it………..we all deserve it.

4 comments:

maybel56 said...

Thank you for sharing this. It is very inspiring to hear an actual story of someone who has made the vision board, and with in a matter of days has experienced a positive outcome from it. This has helped me to take charge, and start thinking and planning a vision board of my own.

Lynn said...

What a fantastic story!! I have always been a little skeptical of the positive self talk to thing, always kind of felt it was stupid doing these positive excersises about visualizing things you will never get (wow that was negative thinking right there!). Well reading The Secret and trying to change my thoughts and how you think really does help. It's something you just have to get used to and do automatically. I really need to do a visual board too. Sounds pretty cool. Why not? What do you have to lose!

Cheri22 said...

I am actually working on my own vision board:) I have it about 1/4 done:)

When I am finsihed, I will be able to post it here if I can figure that out.

For those of you ttc, why not do a ttc vision board? using pictures of people that are pregnant, put your face over top?? Or just having the pregnant bellies every where.. along with positive pregnancy tests, babies, baby items..etc.. Have fun with it:)

Candy said...

Last week I put the word traveling on my vision board......this week so far I was asked to travel in May for work, I've been asked to go to the beach in Aug and was offered a room for a small vacation for the summer at my aunts house (near the beach!!!).....all 3 happened this week
; )
and my friends and i were talking about additional beach trips and small day trips!! awesome