Recent Posts

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ever have "one of those days"?

Today just seems to be one of those days. It started off being up at 7:00am which I guess I can't really complain, but it actually starts with not going to bed early enough last night. We went away this weekend camping for the first time in ages, and its not always easy with taking a 10.75month baby who is not completely walking yet and is afraid to crawl on the grass. (its too bad I didn't take a picture, she was laying over on the grass with her hands up in the air, she did NOT want her hands to touch the grass!) So kept getting cold, seemed to be okay, but really just wanting to go home (to our house and not the trailer) We got home around 3:00pm yesterday and she seemed to be her normal happy self. She went to bed at the "regular" time, and then woke up around 10:30pm. I breastfed her with thinking she would go back to sleep. She would, but kept waking back up. I could hear her a bit stuffed up so I used the nose spray. The dr told me to do this when i hear her stuffed up as it could possibly prevent her from having a ear ache (usually with a cold for the baby = ear infection) So needless to say the only way she could really breath and sleep was if she was more upright. So, I slept on the couch with her from around 11:00pm until 1:30am when I woke up. I put her in the crib, and then she slept until around 3:00am, and then I had her in the spare bed with me and slept until 7:00am. Shes currently having her nap and I have snuck downstairs to relax, and post on the blog and perhaps get in a few replies in my inbox.

I had taken my eldest and her friend to their swimming lessons, and she was "whiny" it really drives me crazy and I have told her and asked her to use her "regular" voice. She seems to have mini meltdowns with the "silliest" things. Like today, when they were done showering, I accidentally gave her friend the towel she used out of the pool. They are pretty much the same, but this set her off, and was being difficult. I guess this is typical 5 turning 6 year old behaviour, but sometimes I don't deal well with it and need to learn different tactics. (does anyone know any books or sites that might help?)

So that's how today has been so far. I have TONS of laundry to do, a trailer to clean up and here I am with my butt parked at the computer. Probably a good thing as I find it relaxing. Did you know that the best way to get your mood to perk up when your having "one of those days"? Well talking about your day or "venting" is the first thing you should do. It allows you to burn the negative energy your feeling out and feel better. Second, how about dancing? As ELLEN and put it, have you ever seen a person dancing and being mad at the same time? What about watching something that you know makes you laugh? Or even taking a moment to yourself to just breathe and be able to put things into better perspective?

Okay, I have gotten TONS of Easter Egg Specials, so as mentioned, please be patient. I will respond to EVERYONE that has the right subject line as well as the right day. It might take me a bit to answer (a few days possibly) but I will!

I also have taken my site down temporarily. I am backed up with requests (up to a 3 week wait with how many requests I have gotten) so to make sure that the timeline comes down and me not getting frazzled and my customers not getting upset, I have suspended the site for one week. This will allow me to get the readings hopefully done faster as I wont be spending as much time scheduling.

For those of you who are just tuning into this blog, perhaps you should know.... I do my readings at night. People often wonder why, if its easier to connect with my guides or somehow different, but the real reason is, there is no 5 year old talking, no 10 month old baby hanging off my leg wanting to be picked up and then hitting the keys....etc There are no distractions! I am usually (9 out of 10 times) online after my daughters are in bed. Usually around 8:30-9pm. Its then that I check my emails and do some replies. 9pm Is when I start doing the readings, this can take up to two hours to complete. I then still try and fit in some replies to people who have asked questions about their readings, and also schedule the readings out from the payments that have come in. I usually try and goto bed around 11pm.

When my youngest is a bit older and weaned, I will start putting her in daycare of leaving her with grandma for the day here and there and allowing me to get a bit more organized and completing my readings faster, thus hopefully leaving no one waiting at all! That's my goal, to be able to complete the reading in less than one week, or even the say day! September my eldest goes into grade one, so this will be easier to as taking her back and forth to kindergarten is a bit more time consuming (they only have school for like 2.5 hours!)

Anyways, I hope you all had a great Easter weekend (or just a great weekend for those of you who do not celebrate) I'll end this blog post now before it becomes ten pages long! lol

1 comments:

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

Sounds like a super hectic time, lol. I am guessing your baby girl just doesnt like to be dirty, i dont blame her, all the bugs that could be in grass, i dont think i would get on the ground either, lol. and my daughter does the whiny voice, the more upset or tired or hungry, the higher her voice goes, so i ask her to take it down a notch and ask me what is really on her mind, not just throw a fit, she is 4 turning 5 in June, so about the same time frame. I dont know how you do so much during the day, but i know at night, once i get the kids to bed, that is when i can concentrate on getting my papers and homework done, so i can completely relate to that! To pick my mood up i sing, I listen to my Zune and just relax at night.. upbeat music, exercise is a good way to relieve some stress too.