Recent Posts

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Premonitions... can be fun... if you pay attention!

How many times do you go through your day realizing that what you just had happen, was something you thought of only moments ago? Perhaps either seeing it played out the way it just happened, and wonder why you didn't alter your course? If you are attuned to your guides or this particular gift, you should be able to get warnings ahead of time. Usually shortly before it happens to either allow you to "brace yourself" or to prevent it from happening.

(A premonition is an impression, often perceived as a warning, of a future event (from the Latin praemonēre, to forewarn : prae-, pre- + monēre, to warn). It bears similarities to the concept of second sight in that it frequently comes in the form of a paranormal vision or as a vivid dream.)

This is a gift of mine that has slowly been developing over the last year to a year and a half. I usually get premonitions about a few minutes before something is to happen. Usually just enough time for me to react, or to prepare myself for what is to come.

Its been "Simple" things.. I remember a time when I had my daughter and her friend and we went to this place that gave the girls balloons. As we drove home, I had "seen" one of the girls balloons go flying up into the sky. So moments later, when I pulled into our driveway, I explained to the girls to grab their balloons before we got out so that they would not loose them. Thus I felt I prevented what I had seen. Well a minute later, the one girl accidentally let her balloon go just as I had seen and she was just as upset too.

Other times, I am warned of accidents. This usually gets my "radar" going and I pay close attention to driving. I am usually driving slower, eyes wide open and focused (not that I drive crazy any other time, but i really pay attention when given a premonition of an accident). I have seen MANY close calls where I have been able to avoid it myself because I was prepared.

Other times, Its funny and I certainly have to laugh at what I am shown. My friend is away for a few months on business, and I am picking up their mail. I drove there on Saturday to grab their mail and about 5 minutes before I got there, I had a premonition that the key would not be where I put it, and that I should put it in this other place of my purse for better safe keeping. So I was shown the zipper part I normally keep my iphone and the mailbox key, and then shown the little pocket where I "should" keep it. I made a mental note to do just that when I got there. Well I arrived, went to the pocket where I keep the key and my iphone and it was GONE :(. They wont be back till Jan or possibly longer and I was mad at myself for loosing this key. Knowing how often I use the iphone for various things and opening and closing that pocket (it has a zipper) I knew would only be a matter of time before this happened. Well... this is when the other part of the premonition came into play. I checked the small pocket where I planned to keep the key and what do you know.. it was there! I guess they were showing me what was to happen. That the key would not be there, and that i had moved it into the smaller pocket. They tried to show me ahead of time so I would be better prepared and not panic like I did.

This is a gift that can be useful and can also be more of a pain!

I found an article that answers more frequent questions I think you should check out.
Premonition article, click here

So this post is also a give away! The first 5 people to post in the comments section with either a question about premonitions or posting about their own premonitions they have had, all win a free bypass reading from me!!!!

10 comments:

Andrea B. said...

I have a question about premonitions. Can they come in the form of dreams, or would the dreams be called something else?

Patty D. said...

Can a person develop his or her ability to have premonitions?..I have had feelings but not like visions that something might go wrong or happen...its really funny though when I have in the past had those feelings I would be like wow I was just thinking that...its really wild...

Anonymous said...

Question about premonitions...how are you able to distinguish a premonition from a phobic fear? For instance, myself, I have fears of many things; flying, car accidents, etc. Coincidentally I feel as though I am constantly having a premonition that something is going to happen if I choose to do one of those OR is it just that I am trying to plan what I could do to help the situation if it did happen. Is it the fear playing tricks in my head, or the premonition that something could have happened. Understandably, I have had more subtle premonitions quite often throughout my life time, which I find so amazing and fun most of the time! But the question is when it comes to fear, particularly phobias, do the phobias play a bigger part over premonition because the nature of them being a fear? Does that make sense?

Thanks

~Katrina

Candy218 said...

Cheri,

I really don't get any premonitions. I don't see anything, I get a feeling in my gut. So I guess I'll have to work on this, I feel it could be useful at times. I might have a dream the night before something happens and it'll show something going wrong, and then usually that thing goes wrong....but like Andrea said, can they come in dreams like that?

cb

Lynn said...

I did have an experience with premonition only a few times that i remember. This was probably about 10 years ago and i had thought about my car breaking down and couldn't get it started. So i didn't think anything more about it that day. Sure enough i dropped my son off at daycare one morning car was perfectly fine going there. I parked shut off the car and brought my son into the centre came back out and tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over. Thought it was very odd that it started ok that morning. I always remember the premonition though. I know i've had more but can't remember them at this moment.

Anonymous said...

I'm not in the first 5 but I thought I'd post anyone. I have silly premonitions but I often know what song will play next on the radio. I hope someday that my premonitions are a little less boring !! My bf on the other hand will have dreams and then months later part of the dream will actually happen. Sometimes he's like "wait a minute, I thought that happened 2 months ago"

Danielle

Katie said...

I've been getting these since I was a kid but only notice them with big events. When I was about 10 I *knew* that my lil bro's friend was going to fall out of our tree and break his arm. I ran outside to tell him to climb out of the tree and as he did, he fell out and fractured it. I have also had images of car crashes and changed my usual course only to find out there was an accident. More recently I kept seeing myself getting a + OPK and finding out I was prego and sure enough, it happened just like I saw it. There are several times I wished I could have seen in advance what would happen but maybe I'm just not meant to or don't pay attention enough.

Tracy said...

I also have premonitions, sometimes dumb stuff like sitting somewhere I have never been but I have been there before if you know what I mean. Also I went to see one of my friends that had just had a baby, upon leaving I had a flash of that baby in the hospital and then a funeral. 2 days later they rushed their baby to the hospital where she died from a hole in her heart.... Then there was the time I was driving and was told to turn around several times seeing a car accident in my minds eye, but I shrugged it off and went on. I few miles down the road I rolled the truck. Oh and one more. I had a dream or day dream that I was selling puppies next to a big red barn a few years later we had moved to a place with a big red barn and I had a litter of puppies the first pup I sold was the dream or premonition that I had down to what kind of car and clothing the lady was wearing that bought that pup. For me I wish I could see really really important things instead of these littler thigs with very little meaning.

Anonymous said...

Katrina-

I have had premonitions in my life but none of them have ever been tied to fear. I have also had premonitions where I was supposed to be going to a lion preserve and I went to a museum instead because the preserve was closed. While I was at the museum I looked at a strange machine. This I had had in a premonition. My premonitions always happen about a year in advance and I never seem to remember them until there happening again. The point is, even though I wasn't supposed to be at the museum that day according to my schedule I still saw a vision from there soooo, if you have an instinct or premonition about an accident you cannot avoid it no matter what.

My aunt is very sensitive about people and she one time was going to a race and she felt sick and every ounce of her body told her to not go. She knew that someone was going to die and someone did. So unless you have an extremely instinctive feeling in your gut then I believe that you may be letting your phobias get to you.

As for dealing with your case of dealing with your premonition/phobia mix-up I am at a loss beyond this point. Hope I didn't blather too long... Hope this helps!

-Emily

Emily said...

I have had quite a lot of premonitions in my life. Or at least I think so. They usually are soundless segments where I see something happening and know the meaning of what someone is saying even thought i cannot truly hear them. I have tried to remember my premonitions and dreams but they disappear when I wake up. Does anyone know a trick to remember their dreams in time to write them down?

Some of my premonitions include a horse show, seeing a scene from a trip, and a lot of other smaller premonitions. I usually see them a year in advance.

One last thing. i had this scary dream, as I prefer to think of it, and it was crystal clear. It depicted my farm and a car and it was summer.(Very basic description) The car was a beautiful red sporty thing. And I saw my family friend break her neck on the hood. The reason why it was scary was because a while later my mom bought the same model of car. Now I haven't heard of anyone else remembering their premonitions so maybe it was just a bad dream but the way that things seem to just be fitting together scares me. Has anyone heard of someone remembering a premontion, or am I freaking out due to a bad dream seeming to come true. Anyone, please give me your take on my situation. Thanks.

Emily