Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What exactly is a Spirit Guide?

I think that most of us know what a Spirit Guide is, but the question is "what is it?". When we first decide to explore this earth and learn further about ourselves, and open our knowledge with new lessons and continue to grow in this fashion, we convince our "buddy" from back home to be the "look out". Someone who is going to come to our aide, to help us with our lessons. To try and guide us and ensure that we follow the path that we have chosen for ourselves. To kick us in the arse when we fall off the path. To be that person we trust with our souls. To try and explain this even further with more knowledge and information to be able to give people a better idea of exactly what it is, I have located some information that I felt explained it more indepth and be more helpful. Spirit Guide is defined as follows: "A being or energy which has no material body, although it has that potential open to it to do so that it may again incarnate on the earth if it chooses to do so. A Spirit Guide is a highly evolved spirit who has spent many incarnations on the earth and has grown in spirituality and purity. For the Spirit Guide, earth lessons are no longer necessary." It continues, "A Spirit Guide may only communicate when called upon and asked for assistance. The assistance may be in the form of guidance, protection or attention to a specific matter. The Spirit Guide will serve but will never step in without being asked. The Spirit Guide’s purpose is to assist the soul in reaching its most perfect state. However, understand that if the Spirit Guide is asked to assist in some way that the Guide sees as not for the highest good of the one who is asking, the Guide will first ask the individual if this is truly what he or she wants and may even issue a warning that a particular path is not for the highest good but will still help if it is the persons’ wish."

Gold then goes on to define Spirit Teacher. "Similar to Spirit Guide but at a higher level in the hierarchy of spirit beings. The Spirit Teacher is not given the opportunity to incarnate again. The Spirit Teacher has learned all the lessons that can be provided on earth and is therefore given the distinction of teacher. The Spirit Teacher can be asked for advice, similar to the Spirit Guide, but will give assistance only in the way of knowledge."

(this is the "second" spirit guides I refer to, but linked it more as a "second guide" or the "manager" of the main guide")

In order to connect with your spirit guides

"Practice, practice, practice. Just as you have learned anything. Pray for guidance, insight. Remain open to the skill and allow it to come to you. Remember, all knowledge is already within you... Knowledge will come to you in many ways. Through study. Through dreams. Through experience... In order to connect with us in writing, all you need to do is pray, breathe, listen, write, accept, follow your inner knowing, and trust."

Let Go of Expectations The first thing to remember before beginning this exercise is to let go of your expectations as to how communications with your spirit guides should be, and let go of any doubt you might have when it comes to communicating with the spirit world. Let go of the views that you may have acquired from life and how things 'should be' or society tells you they should be. Everyone has spirit guides and everyone has the capability of having a relationship with them if they have a little bit of patience and let go of preconceived notions and doubt that may fill their mind. Don't Let Doubt Sabotage Your Efforts Doubt is a sure-fire way to kill communications with your spirit guides and other spiritual beings. Doubt essentially equates into a lack of faith that you don't believe your guides are around to begin with. There are many things that people believe in that they haven't actually witnessed for themselves, such as God or a higher being that they believe in. Spirit guides will never infringe on your life or your personal views when it comes to them, and will only communicate with you once you have tossed that doubt out the window. It can be challenging to shed old beliefs and let go of your doubts, but it's a sure-fire way to connecting to your spirit guides. First Response Is Always From Your Guides When you are trying to talk to your spirit guides, remember that if you ask a question, the first response that you receive is from your guides. Anything you receive after that is more than likely your own thoughts. Why is this? Because anything after a first response is tainted with time, and thoughts creep in after seconds go by and you have time to start thinking about the answer or doubting the response. If you ask a question, know that the FIRST response is always from your guides.

First two people to comment about their experience with this blog post, will receive a connection with their guides. I will provide first name (or confirm names if you have been told) I will also give you a description of them as I see them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always felt someone watching over me, helping me I guess you could say. The name I came up with when I close my eyes and just relax is Darla..... But that name makes me think of my favorite Aunt Darlene. So I think maybe I'm getting it wrong. I also get that whomever it is, is a pet person like me.

alicia
johnson
silverfairy18@hotmail.com

Katie said...

I have noticed that this works best for me when I am going to bed. I will concentrate on something that I am wondering about and instantly a scenario, usually a series of images will pop into my head. I have actually had the same almost "dream" (although I'm not asleep) come to me twice before I found out I was pregnant. Sadly it was ectopic but I knew that things would unfold exactly as these images portrayed.

Anonymous said...

I simply asked my spirit guides name and the first name that came to my mind was Trinity...and I don't know of any Trinity so I didn't ponder the name as a source of someone that I know in this life. I'm not the first two posts, but I would LOVE to know who is Trinity! :-)

Thanks, Katrina

Cheri22 said...

Hey guys.. looks like Alicia and Katie are the winners. Please give me an email at cheri22@gmail.com and put in blog winner so I can schedule this for you.