Recent Posts

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Do you feel that?

One of the most common psychic gifts people have is being empathic. It can be a blessing, but also a curse! I think that the important part is recognizing your gift and using it wisely, but also knowing how to protect yourself so that you are not getting overwhelmed!

Ever notice that you are in a really good mood but get around certain people and you just feel drained? Completely opposite to what you started off as?

or having a good time and feeling a bit anxiety or depressed for no reason at all?

Sometimes even knowing that something is wrong with someone even though they have their "happy face" on..

Before we get too far indepth, take this fun little quiz to see where you sit with the development of your gift. Some people will have this area of their gifts more tuned than others, but we all have this ability

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/quiz/EmberDust/what-empathic-type-are-you/ (the quiz is fun!)

This is what I got.
You Scored as Healer Empath
As a Healer Empath, you possess the gift of healing and the ability to transmute pain into light. Visit us at EmpathCommunity.ning.com
Healer Empath

100%
Balanced Empath

100%
Human Empath

100%
Clairvoyant Empath

94%
Communication Empath

86%
Physical Empath

80%
Energy Empath

50%
Animal Empath

17%


I really feel that if you are really strong in this area of your gifts, that you should learn to protect yourself. So that you are not left feeling drained, depressed or emotional when you should be feeling happy, energetic and at ease.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are feeling overwhelmed, please please find a reason to pop into the bathroom for even just a moment. I want you to surround yourself with white light. I want you to start at your toes and imagine it floating upwards and right over your head to encase you in a white light cocoon. Then I want you to say "only goodness may enter me, and only goodness may leave me". This is the first step in making sure that any negative situations (or even negative people and energy!) are not going to get the best of you. You should notice right away yourself feeling "less attached' to the emotion of the current situation or person. If your still having troubles of letting it go, then I want you to see yourself wearing a little half apron. This is tied at your waist and is white. I want you to see from your waist, strings of light that attach you to this person or issue that is currently troubling you. I want you to in your mind, take a pair of scissors and I want you to see yourself cutting these strings so that they are not longer attached. This too will help release any negative energy attached to you by this person or this issue.

If you are finding that your house is just feeling "negative" or someone came into your house that was putting this energy around that was dragging you down.. or your just feeling constantly depressed for no reason, I want you to do this. Take a white candle (does not have to be scented) and go into each of your rooms. Start in the left corner closest to where you walked and walk to each four corners (clock wise) with your lite candle.. and say "if you are not from the light, please leave. Only goodness may enter here and only goodness may leave". This DOES work! You should feel a difference right away! This can be done as often as you feel you need it.

Sometimes when loved ones come to visit or even others who have passed over, if its more of a "negative" energy, they too can leave a mark. Some of us are more attuned to their passing through and end up feeling a bit moody, depressed or anxious for no apparent reason. I think when you feel this way, trying any of the options above will really help you with ridding yourself of this feeling and allowing you to take control of your day and get your mood back on track:)

To be able to open up this gift for those of you wishing to grow it, my biggest word of advice, practice protecting yourself first to ensure that you can use your gift to the max rather than having yourself feeling overwhelmed to the point you end up feeling too much and getting drained or depressed. There are MANY people out there with their energies a bit more in a negative mind frame.

This ability is about listening and then feeling. Often being able to just open yourself up to the abilities as it comes, and once you start to realize that the emotions you are feeling are not just you "thinking" that is how the person is feeling but actually realizing this is being transmitted to you by the other person or the situation.

Well today is also a blog contest. Leah is back on board after sometime off and has given me permission to start handing out her readings for free again. All you have to do to enter is either comment about your own empathic abilities, or ask a question about this area of psychic gifts!

Winner will be announced WEDNESDAY!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this couldn't have been a better post! My husband, me, and our 4 children are so blah most of the time and we hate the house we live in. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful big 5 bedroom 5 bath home with pool, etc..BUT...there is something about it that has completely taken away our motivations and energy to such a hateful and depressed stage. The house has NO color, EVERYTHING is white and bland. We moved here back in March from out of state so we just kind of took what we could get but we are moving into a different home at the end of February, that has color. It's just strange, and we realize it, and we can't even get motivated to clean it, it just draws every ounce of energy from us. I think I will try the white candle. Thank you for this post, wow, it's like you were reading my mind.

~Katrina

Patty D. said...

it is something when you do get around someone that is down and then its like you feel down...

Suzie said...

I work with young children ages 3-5. It's the weirdest thing, but I "feel" when they are starting to get sick or already feel sick. I've had situations of when I have a child not feeling well, they sit in my lap, and I can feel what they are feeling: sore throat, acheyness, headache, lack of energy, etc. It makes me feel so sad- like I'm going to cry (which is usually what they end up doing before the end of the day).

Anonymous said...

I took the test and I found out that I'am a Communication Empath, or thats what test said. I don't know how true that is or not. But I do seem to be more in touch with peoples feelings then most people. May be cause I just want to please everyone all the time.

alicia
silverfairy18@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

This is a great post! I have been told before that I'm an empath...don't know what kind. I'll take the quiz and find out! I can soooo tell when other people just have their happy face on. It just happened to me yesterday with someone on the phone.
I also get drained when I'm around someone in a bad mood...and it does seem like they end up being in a good mood and I take on their negative energy...hmmm...maybe I should take the white light suggestion.
Momof2

Candy218 said...

Hi Cheri,

I took the quiz and it says I’m a human empath 92%. I have struggled with this over the last couple of years. I have noticed more and more that I’ve been “attached” to others emotions, I sometimes feel their emotions more than they do. I was getting ready for work one day, I was having a good day, jamming to music on the way in and then all the sudden I became really angry. Who knows why? Then I saw my co-worker and he was miserable and had been, however this was a Monday so I had time away from him. Then the whole day I was miserable and complained and listened to him complain and was just angry. My other co-worker was like what is going on. I told him I think I was attached to the other guys emotions. That same co-worker noticed another time that I looked drained and he asked me what was going on. I said I was listening to one of my co-workers and her problems. He told me it looked like her problems affected me more than her. It’s bad when a co-worker can notice this. I’ve also had several friendships where my “friends” have taken a toll on my spirits. It was almost like they were slowly “destroying” me or slowing killing my spirits. I had this black or gray cloud that followed me around, but it was a little bit of my negativity and a lot of their negativity. Good things were happening to me, but they were clouded by my “friends” feelings??? I’ve had to break away from these “friendships” and I’ve tried to surround myself with more positive people. And the more “negative” friends I have I’ve taken major steps back to just be close enough not to take on their burdens. That is very hard for me, I like to listen and help people, but I have to have an internal conversation and tell myself, this is not my problem let it go, I’m happy no one is going to destroy my happiness….and then I have to move onto something else. It’s actually taken me awhile to figure out that this might be my problem some of the time…..hahah

Katie said...

How do I stop from feeling this way if it’s my husband’s emotions that are draining me? He is always so stressed and the holidays especially make him depressed. I do everything that I can to help keep his spirits up and make him happy but there’s not much I can do when he gets in his ruts. When I am away from him I can usually shake the negative feelings, but when we’re together (which is a lot because we work together) even my new haircut and clothes that usually make me super confident can’t bring me up. I don’t want to not feel his emotions because it’s important to be in tune with your partner but I don’t want to be depressed all the time with him.

Cheri22 said...

Kaite,

Try the techniques I have mentioned in the post, especially the apron trick with regards to your husband, only dont cut ALL of the strings that connect. Tell yourself that your cutting the strings that affect you in regards to his stress and negativity, and cut about 3/4 of them. This will still allow you to "feel his stress" And help him deal...but also allow you enough protection that it does not effect you on an emotional level.

Also.. get him checked for "SAD" (Season affective Disorder). I have a feeling he has a Vitamin D defficiency which causes him to have a more "sad' approach to things this time of year.

kate said...

I did the survey and I'm a healer Empath, it was neat, gave me lots to think about. Thanks Cheri for another great post!

Lynn said...

Great quiz! I am a human empath (94%). No doubt about it. I feel people's moods instantly. I am very emotional so i take things to heart easily. I will do the apron trick and white light (you have shown me that one before) and also the candle one i have done. I should do that again! Thanks for the post!

Mary said...

I always felt that when I first went to a house or a room, an uncomfortableness like my energy wasnt yet established in that room. After being in it for awhile I feel better and more comfortable. I always wondered if thats what it was though. The thing about negative energy in houses reminded me of that.

Katie said...

Thanks for the advice Cheri, it worked wonderfully. I've also started making him take a multivitamin with me daily to increase his Vitamin D because I can't convince him to go to the dr. I'm also inclined to believe it's SAD as well. Hopefully this helps!

Anonymous said...

I've always been described as way too empathetic by my boyfriend as it makes me cry a lot, lol. When someone is really sad, it's sometimes like I'm feeling it right along with them and the tears just start rolling out for no reason. Sometimes the tears end up being happy tears such as when someone is especially proud of something or maybe something a loved one has done. Those empathetic tears I'll gladly take; the feeling other people's sadness can be very draining. Why is it I'm more attuned with those feelings than happy feelings? Are they more powerful? Anyway, it's good to hear stories from others who feel the same way. Danielle