Recent Posts

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cluttering up your life?

Today has been raining outside. Seems to be the norm weather out here for the last month or two. Yesterday was sunshine, but only for the one day and here we are back to rain!

I am having a garage sale on Sunday, my daughter is very excited because she wants to sell her toys that she does not play with. I can't even remember the last time I had a garage sale. My friend and my sister will be coming as well with their stuff so should be a great selection.

I think having a garage sale (or even donating things you no longer use anymore) is good for your life. It helps to declutter and cleanse your area, and is often a very uplifting experinece. I actually for the last few days have been going through my cuboards and drawers and finding things that I did not even know I had, or things that I have not used for at least 4 years! I figure its time for those items to find a new home! I actually even cleaned out the one cuboard full of craft stuff and organized it in plastic baggies so if the kids decide they want to do a craft, I just grab a bag and we have fun. No more sorting it out or expecting them to be patient while I start hunting for all the pieces! I actually feel really good about getting rid of some of the stuff and if it does not sell, will take whatever is left to the goodwill society (of some sort).

So take sometime this week and devote it to organizing a room that has kinda gotten out of control (come on all your hoarders;) and feel the effect it has to make it nice and neat, to rid your room of some of the clutter. Sometimes your life will feel the same way, cluttered, or crazy, and sometimes when your house (or a particular room) is like this, you might actually feel the same effect trickle into your life. It can be kinda depressing walking into a room that is cluttered and messy. You will feel good about it! Post in the comment section if you took me up on my challenge! I plan on tackling my daughters room in the next day or so, and as well my closet in the computer room (gosh there is stuff in there I am sure of it!)

Now in regards to the contest below (I think three posts?) there were 9 people who entered the contest with their birth or fertility stories. I can online to pick a winner.. and you know what, I couldn't pick just one. Which tells me that you ALL WIN. So if you can email me cheri22@gmail.com and put in the subject line "blog winner" I will let you know when your prize will be completed. You all get one free question to be answered! CONGRATS!

3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Oh! We did this the other day with our bedroom. It was a diaster!! It was hard to walk into and get into bed without tripping. So I was surprised when my partner said he wanted to clean it. So we both went through all the boxes in the closet threw away what was just trash and put things away that we could eventually donate or keep. And then we re organized the bedroom and it looked super nice! Was able to vaccum finally. It is a great feeling when a room is cleaned and decluttered. And giving stuff away for a good cause or to people who need it more than you is a good feeling as well. There are a couple more rooms and closets that need some decluttering and organization so I will definitely have to make time this week.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I have this feeling all the time when I clean/organize! I try not to bring too many things into the house because I don't like clutter, but with the kids, we have lots of extra stuff lying around. When I get a room organized, I get this feeling of "ahhhhh!" What a great feeling and a great post!
Julie

Candyb said...

Every couple of weeks I look at my clothes in my closet and think, there is no way I'm going to wear all these clothes, so I start ripping some of the items off the hangers and throw them in the donation bag. I just did this over the weekend. I love donating clothes; I started in my early 20's. It’s so rewarding, plus it gives me more room to buy more. (The cycle never stops). But I also love clearing a room, makes life a lot easier!!!