Recent Posts

Sunday, June 13, 2010

A coincidence...or help from beyond?

Those of you who are following along the blog for a long time know that my mom passed away on march 8, 2010. Those of you who follow me on facebook know that I was going to play bingo with my sister, my two aunts and my sisters friend. Saturday would have been my mom's 57th birthday. Rather than sit at home and mop about and miss her like crazy, my one aunt suggested we all head to a bingo hall and play in her memory. This was really fitting as my mom LOVED bingo. I agreed even though it was about 1.5 drive for me, thought it would be fun to get together with them all and play. Turns out the games were each worth 1000.00. That certainly helps too!

They were computer monitors that you touch when you got a number. It was fun. During one of the games, my Aunt (which is my mothers sister) pulled out a picture of my mom and startted to rub it across the screen. Saying "Come on sheila, help me out". next thing I know, she punches me! I was a bit shocked, and said "hey whats that for!" (in a joking way) and she points up at the monitor. Turns out the number that just popped up was the number she needed to call bingo! As per the agreement she made with us all before even coming to bingo was if anyone won we would all split it.

Well about an hour later, playing the games as it goes along, each of us getting closer to calling but not getting the right number before someone else. We still were having a really good time. My Aunt again pulls out the picture of my mom and says the exact same thing as before. What do you know, her ball shows up in the monitor and she calls bingo again. We are all beyond excited for her (and us as well as she has to split it up!)

It was getting closer to the end of the night and not much time left before it was time to go, I knew me having an 1.5 drive left ahead of me and its already late at night, decided to get going without playing the last game. They mentioned it wouldn't take long and if I left they didn't have to split it with me. (said in a joking manner). I had already been given an impression from my mom that it was "enough" with what we already had, and was happy with what I came home with. I had planned on buying myself a new lawnmower for my birthday this year (its on the 17th of this month) and now I have the money to do so. So thank you mom!

6 comments:

Krystal said...

How nice!! Sounds like a good day indeed!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is amazing! I guess a strong mother-daughter bond can never be broken!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story. I choose help from beyond. :-) Danielle T.

Lynn said...

That is excellent!! I love it!!

Amanda said...

June 12th your mom's birthday? If so thats my mom's birthday. It sounds like you had an awesome day. I think we should all spend the days that we know we will be sad and do something uplifting and fun like you snd your family did.

Bethany said...

She wanted you to get a new mower! lol Happy Birthday Tomorrow.