Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lady Gaga and me!

Yep, its true, I danced with my friend Krista for Lady Gaga's back up dancers, but I did not make the cut.


Did I mention this was my dream last night?

In my dream, my friend krista dragged me to Lady Gaga's dance rehersal. This would earn you a spot as a back up dancer. I can dance for fun, but gosh I could trip over my feet trying to follow anything that is remotely coordinated! So even things like aerobics are a challenge! Can't get my feet/arms moving at the same time in order to follow the pattern. Yes its funny and okay to laugh, I am!

Well, Lady Gaga pulled me aside and said that she was sorry that I would not be making the team. I hadn't really danced much, but new I was horrible. She let me know that this had nothing to do with my dancing skills. That it was that I did not fill out the application correctly. According to her, on a form that I certainly did not remember filling anything out I missed a question. You had to tell her what "person" you looked like. I guess if you had a "celebrity look alike" is what she was looking for. I stood there and had a look on my face like I had no idea what to say. I honestly can't think of any celebrity that I look like. There for I failed.

She explained that by being able to pick a person who YOU thought you looked like, gives her and indication of your personality.

Now even though the dream is over, I still can't help but think what this dream could possibly mean. Before going to bed, I was telling my husband that it sucks that as we get older, we kinda change in our looks. I think it would be far better to remain in what we looked like in our mid 20s. I could totally go for that.

But what does Lady Gaga stand for? She has her song "born this way". I think that the message in this dream is to accept yourself for who you are. That its not about the outside of a person (as she was definately not judging me based on appearance) but rather than inner character.

So perhaps you should be confident in who you are as a person, rather than who you think you look like? (meaning whether or not you feel that your are attractive, or too skinny, or a bit over weight)

Any thoughts on this dream?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you have the funniest dreams!! Ha Ha! But its so true like you explained about self acceptance. Such a big issue for me for sure as i am 45. And well still feeling that your still worthy is a challenge (well for me anyway!) I feel I really need to change my mindset about getting older and just accept it. Great post!! Love the Lady Gaga dream!!

Lynn

Jaclin said...

It's crazy what is in our subconscious mind, huh? I have had dreams like that too. I have pretty much come to accept the way things are. I have always been "who I am," and have never conformed to society. By that, I mean I don't wear what the magazines tell me to wear, I don't worry about what people think of me, etc... I do what I need to do in live to try and be happy. Of all people Cheri, Lady Gaga!!! lol