Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Do you choose the names for your children, or do you know them deep down already?

A storey for you that my client wanted to share! I think its amazing!!! Check it out!
Listening to the name “within”… The story of naming my children



Naming my children has never been difficult; I’ve never gone “looking” for a name the names always just find me. Of course I had names before falling pregnant that I loved, but somehow they never fit and eventually at some point a name will come to me and I just know that that’s the name my child is meant to have.

My first child I was so excited I had names already picked from the minute I POAS.However as time went on I knew these were not the names she was meant to have.I had originally picked her name to be Bonnie-Leigh, However once I actually knew she was definitely a girl (which I was sure of from the start anyways) I just knew the name I had always liked was not her name. I didn’t panic and go searching I just waited and finally while sitting in the school bus (yes yes I was in my last year of school), heard a name drift down the bus and it was “Ella”and from there it clicked her name was meant to be Ella-Rose Bonnie… It fitted perfect and from that day I was sure she had picked her name! The day of her birth I realised her name was still incomplete and my Nan called. So her name became Ella-Rose Bonnie Delore. Perfection.

My second child my husband decided he loved the name Kye and I agreed it was nice. But I knew this time that the name would come to me I just had to be patient. From the moment I POAS I just KNEW he was a boy. No doubt what so ever in my mind; so I continued to mull Kye over but it just didn’t feel right. About midpoint in the pregnancy name popped into my head. And instantly I just knew that that was his name.No second guessing. From then on he was Wyatt William Wade. And I tell you it’sthe perfect name for him.

I recently birthed my third child at home in a birthing pool, I believe my son has a strong connection to water so his name fits him to perfection. This pregnancy was a lot harder on my body. I found it harder to connect to the gender of the baby unlike the previous times. I thought it was another boy but part of me was still hoping girl. However I knew right from the start regardless of the gender my babies name was River. It was the ONLY name I ever considered once I was pregnant.While TTC I had a few names I liked but as soon as the egg was fertilised I had an instant connection with the name River. I had BFP dreams at 2 and 4 dpo and from then my connection to the name “River” occurred. I don’t even know where or how or why the name came to me. I just knew that was the baby’s name.Eventually I did find out he was a boy. The thing that amazes me even more is that in the end after weeks of pre-term labour and pre labour my son was born at 40 weeks on “Worlds Rivers Day”. I had no idea of this until a friend brought it to my attention. How that for is meant to be.

Sometimes if you are patient and listen you will get a feeling for the name your child is meant to have. I see a lot of people who have trouble finding a name and I always say breathe and listen then name just may find you J

Kierra W.

1 comments:

ACrystalLilly said...

Wow - That is Amazing. Not being a mom yet or even pregnant even at 40 I know that things like this happen often. Im so happy to know that others have experienced this kind of connection with their children even before they are born. So glad your client shared this lovely story.

It makes me even more excited to know that this is possible as I wait my turn to become the mom I know I will be. Hopful that it wont be so much longer.