Recent Posts

Sunday, December 14, 2008

I am starting to feel like Dorothy!

here where I live there is a VERY strong wind right now. So bad yesterday it was like -6 with the wind. Okay I know that some of you get it colder, but for me, that's freezing cold! lol. I actually braved it and went out yesterday and today.. what was I thinking! I had a family Christmas party to go to today and had to drive on the freeway, my little car was blowing around like crazy and it totally freaked me out! I am expecting to see on the news alot of damage with how bad and strong the winds are. Out here we don't get tornado's or even hurricanes, but its enough you might at times almost get blown off your feet!

Christmas is something that we celebrate. Not the religious side of it, but the giving part. My parents have always done "Santa" and I have enjoyed keeping the tradition alive with my daughter. I just wanted with her the movie called Polar Express. I asked her if a train showed up in our front yard, would she hop on and she said she would! I love the stage of imagination and hope that she can always dream big.

I would love to hear peoples traditions for the holidays. Do you go to a specific location for xmas? Do you have stockings and presents? What time does your kids wake up in the morning?

So far, even at the age of 5 for my eldest, shes not up for the last few years until her "regular" time of around 8am. Wondering what this year will bring? My sister and I when little were up at the crack of dawn, bouncing off the walls, and being told to go back to bed it was still too early (it was 4am)

I actually remember one Christmas, my sister and I sharing a room (because we wanted to) and we both slept on my top bunk. We played a game where we were pulling each others sleeves, and then letting go and at the time was fun. That was until my sister let go, I punched myself in the mouth and knocked a baby tooth out! I was actually kinda excited afterwards knowing that the tooth fairy was going to come at the same time as Santa. I even asked them to take a picture of each other with my camera. I left it out for them to use and wrote them a really nice note. In the morning, I was super excited, went to get my camera and it was GONE. I actually started bawling thinking that Santa or the tooth fairy stole my camera! lol. My mom quickly picked it out from behind the tree and told me she found it! lol.

0 comments: