Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dreams and their meanings

I am sure like most of you, my dreams are usually pretty vivid and leave me wondering if I should translate it, or leave it alone. Last night, I dreamed that I was with my sister, and my good friend, and we located an "old' hidden museum. Inside was an artifact, it was from a scrapbook type thing, to punch holes, and a very old "ancient" sign that said something of the fact of it being a craft type fair. Now in my dream, this was my uncle's museum, and my good friend stole the little hole punch thing, and I was pretty upset. The item was worth 14,000 dollars and I felt it should be where it was found, or donated to a local museum instead. I actually stole it back and was trying to find my way back in. Now you see, the museum was hidden, you had to go through this door that my uncle had professionally made, but was covered in dust and webs as never used. You had to crawl through some things and even go over things to actually get there. Almost like it was "supposed" to be a museum or the like but ended up being for storage instead.

I did wake up shortly after that with my daughter (eldest) calling me as she had to go pee and blow her nose. So who knows how the dream would have ended.

Now I am also careful with which dreams I interpret and which dreams I leave alone, or at least keeping an open mind as to what it could mean. I have interpreted a dream before to think that I had 4 days left to live, and was SCARED crap less, only to have someone else interpret it for me, and actually relate it to my sisters wedding (in 4 months time)

My dreams are usually pretty "wacky" but they make good conversation pieces! As mentioned before, I tend to use www.dreammoods.com to interpret my dreams, and would definitely recommend this site to others. All I say, is keep an open mind, don't freak yourself out with the interpretation as there could be more pieces to the puzzle. You can also use your dreams as a way of getting answers to your questions/problems. Before going to bed, ask your spirit guides to answer your question in a dream for you and let you remember when you wake up.

Here is what my dream last night meant to tell me:)

FOURTEEN (as in the 14,000)
The number fourteen signifies the unexpected and your need to adapt to ever-changing circumstances. It is also symbolic of overindulgence and giving into your desires. You need to be more committed and maintain focus on your goals.

(now the interpretation of this is correct, I have been feeling like we are overspending a bit and not meeting our goals. Basically telling me to keep on track and that I can do it! lol) I also know that my friend that "stole" the artifact in my dream is probably the most frugal person I know, which is also why she was "featured' in with the number 14 to connect the message to me even more!

DOOR (as in the door my uncle made)
To dream that you are entering through a door, signifies new opportunities that will be presented before you. You are entering into a new stage in your life and moving from one level of consciousness to another. In particular, a door that opens to the outside, signifies your need to be more accessible to others, whereas a door that opens into the inside, denotes your desire for inner exploration and self-discovery.

FRIEND (as in the friend who "stole" the artifcat)
To see your friends in your dream, signifies aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to integrate these rejected part of yourself. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Additionally, this symbol foretells of happy tidings from them and the arrival of good news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is one dream in particular that stands out the most in my life. When I was in the military my parents knew it was hard for me to get leave at a moment's notice. so when one night I had a dream about my next door neighbor i though it odd. I rarely dreamt with him, he is an elderly WWII vet and was always very proud of me. I dreamt that night that he was sitting on the front steps as he always was, but that he had come up to me when I came out and gave me a hug, a tear fell from his left eye, and he told me he was okay now, that he was home. I awoke from the dream and later called my mom. I knew something was up, and she told me he had had a stroke while in the supermarket a couple days before and that very day i had the dream he had passed away in the hospital. My mother relayed the dream to his family and they were very happy to hear that he was okay now. it seems he had been in some pain and they were glad for any type of comfort. i didn't look too much into the dream, i thought it was pretty straight forward, there might have been more, but I was just glad to have been a source of comfort to this grieving family. I just wanted to share this with you..

Suie said...

hello... before i go to sleep at night i like to do a little medidation it helps me to chill. sometimes i see things or hear things from spirit. But the other night i saw our local community cente on fire and all the roadsblocked off, i was watching frm afar and was given the month of march. ive told a few friends but im wondering if its a premention. Did feel very real and i wasnt asleep. i often have dreams and remember every bit of them. Facinates me!