Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Crystal and Indigo Children - Do they exisit?

I saw this comment in one of the previous threads about my feelings on Crystal children and Indigo children so I thought I would weigh in and give you what I feel when trying to gather information on this subject.

I do have to admit, that I have NOT read any of the books related to this topic, and when first asked about it, my guides are giving me the indication that its not really accurate in the sense that people seem to interpret it.  I have been googling it the last day or so trying to get a better understanding of what its supposed to mean in order to better explain what i am seeing.

Here is what they mean, then my views.

Copied from (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children)
Indigo children is a pseudoscientific[1] label given to children who are claimed to possess special, unusual and/or supernatural traits or abilities. The idea is based on New Age concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe. The concept of indigo children gained popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade. A variety of books, conferences and related materials have been created surrounding belief in the idea of indigo children and their nature and abilities. These beliefs range from their being the next stage in human evolution or possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy to the belief that they are simply more empathic and creative than their peers.


CharacteristicsDescriptions of indigo children include the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong-willed, independent, and often perceived by friends and family as being strange; possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose; and also exhibit a strong inclination towards spiritual matters from early childhood. Indigo children have also been described as having a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Other alleged traits include a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability, and resistance to authority.[4][6] According to Tober and Carroll, indigo children function poorly in conventional schools due to their rejection of authority, being smarter than their teachers, and a lack of response to guilt-, fear- or manipulation-based discipline.[7]


My Views

My guides give me the impression that although the original author of this had good intentions in regards to what she was seeing and how she was interpreting it, is that its not entirely accurate. I believe that Autism and ADD or ADHD (or any other behaviour issues) are "SCIENCE" related rather than spiritual. Things that have happened over the years from pesticides, medication, pollution..etc... and someone would rather try and explain it in a spiritual sense.

My daughter, has characteristics of what they have listed above, but if you as a parent viewed the list, I bet that EVERYONE would be able to find a few on there that match their child(ren). My daughter is empathic, telepathic, and at least a few other things on there. I know a child who is ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) who has also been labeled ADHD, but from knowing him for a few years and doing daycare for him, he definitely does not match the other "labels" of an "indigo child".

In my opinion, "indigo children" is a "label" to try and explain what is happening in a spiritual sense.

Crystal children
Its my understanding that this is a book (idea) written by Doreen Virtue who is well known in the psychic community (I do have one of her tarot decks). however, I get the impression while reading the information that this was written AFTER the indigo children books/idea became popular. Almost like its a way to further explain it but in a new way. The characteristics are similar, comments about the aura being different. I really feel that a persons aura is more about emotion, what they are feeling, the health of the person rather than what type of "child" they are.

Copied from http://www.starchildren.info/crystal.html

Doreen Virtue, noted author and expert on Star Children, has written about the characteristics of Crystal children. She says these characteristics may include:


Have large, communicative eyes and an intense stare.
Are highly affectionate.
Begin speaking later in life, but often uses telepathy or self-invented words or sign language to communicate.
Love music and may even sing before talking.
Are extremely connected to animals and nature. Are often very interested in rocks, crystals, and stones.
Are extremely artistic.
Are highly empathic and sensitive.
Are forgiving and generous to others.
Draw people and animals near them and love attention.
Often have good sense of balance and are fearless when exploring high places.
Often see or hear angels and spirit guides - both they’re own and others’. Dislike high-stress environments with many distractions.
Dislike loud/sharp sounds.
Dislike bright, unnatural lights.
Often enjoy choosing their own meals and/or when they eat them.
Often speak about universal love and healing.
Sometimes show healing gifts at young ages.
Don’t react well to sugar, caffeine, or unnatural foods/chemicals.
Dislike fighting or refuse to keep an argument going very long.
Often show strength in telekinesis (or Psychokinesis).
Often amplify emotional energies they gain from their environment (such as negative energies).
Can become uncomfortable when around electrical devices too long (watching TV, computer, etc.), sometimes resulting in a trance-like state.
Sometimes seem ‘clingy’ to their parents until 4 or 5.
Often stare at people for long periods of time (this allows them to read a person and find out more about them through their own personal memories and energy).
Can sometimes be manipulative and throw tantrums if they cannot create a reality that is good for them.
Are easily over-stimulated and need to meditate/be alone often to replenish themselves.
Don’t usually have trouble with fear or worry.
Enjoy discussing spiritual or philosophical topics.
May appear to be looking at nothing or talking to no one (sign of clairvoyance and/or clairaudience).


My views -
Again, just by reading the list, there is always going to be something in there that you will find that is similar to your child.

Now in regards to these things overall I really feel that the case is that we all come here for the same reason. To learn more, to become more spiritual, and raise our awareness to a higher level. To continue to achieve the greater good and learn specific lessons. There are people on this earth that are at a higher level. They have advanced by learning their lessons and operate in a higher frequency. We are all "equals" and meant to come together in our lifetimes to be a positive source. To experience life. I personally do not believe in "crystal or indigo children". Both based on what i have read, and what I have felt. My guides appear to shake their head and give me the impression that the information published/believed is not the right interpretation.

What are your thoughts? (don't feel bad about posting if you don't agree, would love to hear all insights/opinions)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also don't think the interpretation is accurate. Sure, some people are more semsitive (and intuitive) than others, but all people have both strengths and weaknesses in different areas. Personality is not black and white and should not be categorized. We are all unique, yet at the same time, we are all connected as well.

Jaclin said...

I think that society is too quick to give people labels and attempt to explain our "uniqueness." I'd like to see a genetic study, to see if there is a difference (i.e. chromosonal lacks/additives, etc...). Or is it just the plain fact that they are more open to the universe than others. Do they accept things for what they are, and not what they seem. I see traits of myself in the Crystal qualities but not all. Too many factors in this world can play a part. People use labels for things they cannot understand. Do they have high IQ's? Do they have a mental illness, etc... I could go on. I believe there are those who are more in-tune with nature and the other side. They access a part of their brain that others cannot. They are open and free.

Jess said...

This seems to me like a silly idea. I think that we are too quick to label. I think any parent could name those characteristics in their children.

Cheri22 said...

I also think that we as a society are being more spiritual as time goes on. Realizing that there is more out there than what meets the eye... so children of today are more open to spiritual things because we as parents are not so freaked out about it.

My mom used to freak out if I mentioned I was talking to my nanna who had passed and would discourage it.. there fore most people tend to hide their "uniqueness" as its viewed as "unacceptable".

In my case, my eldest was three at the time, told me that "people" where in her grandmas playroom and "peeking" at her through the walls. I told my mom that I thought spirits were in there (as this was NOT the first time my daughter had mentioned this). My mom refused to believe because it freaked her out. (although she believed in having psychic abilities, but too freaked to use her own, which she admitted)