Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dream a little dream with me

I know that alot of you are just as much into dreams and their interpretations as I am. I know that at times this is when our spirit guides or loved ones choose to communicate with us as we are more likely to be listening and not distracted by other things happening in our lives. I know that i can't "read" myself, and at times when looking for answers, I ask before going to bed to have some guidance. Its a way of being given direction, or helping me to sort out an issue at hand.

Lately I have been having a bit of pregnancy symtoms, as most of you know my dh and I are currently trying to concieve #2. I have been feeling naseous off an on during the day, adversion to some foods, extremely tired....and so have been wondering if its in my head, or perhaps real signs. According to a friend of mine, she was kind enough to work out my cycle days and said I should be able to test around the 11th of September.

So last night, I asked them to let me know if I am pg or will be soon, I asked them to let me remember when I wake up. (this is IMPORTANT to ask, if you do not, most times although the answer is given, you won't remember your dream)

Here is my dream

There was my dad, my sister, my self and my daughter all heading to the water slides. My dad was in front of me and to my left, my sister beside him and directly in front of me, and my daughter was behind my dad and too my left. (So imagine us sitting in a car, my dad is the driver, my sister is the passenger seat, I sit behind my sister and my daughter sits behind my dad) Anyways, we are all sitting on this conveyor belt, its like a moving sidewalk only you have to sit. Its almost like a ride, and you start moving along, and you can move your but over if you want to take a different tunnel. They all end in the same place so it doesn't matter which way you go. My sister and my dad both decide to take different tunnels, and I look over at my daughter (who is 4 in my dream) and she looks like shes having fun, but looks frightened about the tunnels coming up. I reach over with my left hand and hold onto her right hand. She smiles, and we choose our tunnel and go together.

Next, after going through tunnels (which I know I have been through before) we end up at this waterpark, and there are 4 water slides only. I remember telling my sister that she can't go on them. Shes currently 7 months pg (she is in real life as well) and that waterslides say that if your pregnant you can't go on them. She says that she does not see the sign, but believes me, and I continue looking around for this proof of what I know. No Sign. (I know I had seen it before)

I look over at the waterslides, and they are "scary" ones, they go really long and fast, and not really sure as to whether i want my daughter to go on it. In my dream, I am still unsure if I am pg or not, and do not want to risk it by going down the waterslides.

I look over my left shoulder, and out some glass doors, and there are two "pools". One is a regular pool, and the other is more of a hottub, and I decide that i will take my daughter in those instead.

This is when I dont' remember anymore. So this morning, I went to www.dreammoods.com and searched for significant points in my dream that will interpret the proper message (no, my guides/loved ones talk in riddles just like everyone else's and its all about interpretation!)

TUNNEL:
To see a tunnel in your dream, represents the vagina, womb, and birth. Thus it may refer to a need for security and nurturance.
To dream that you are going through a tunnel, suggests that you are exploring aspects of your unconscious. You are opening yourself to a brand new awareness.

SISTER:
To see your sister in your dream, symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, caring, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role and sense of belonging.
FATHER:
Father To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father.

FOUR:
Four denotes stability, physical limitations, hard labor and earthly things, as in the four corners of the earth. It also stands for materialistic matters. You get things done

HAND
To dream of your hands, represents your relationship to those around you and how you connect with the world. Hands serve as a form of communication. In particular, the left hand symbolizes your graciousness and feminine, receptive qualities. If you dream that you are holding hands with someone, represents your connection with that person.

DAUGHTER
Daughter To see your daughter in your dream, represents your waking relationship with your daughter and the qualities that she projects.

So does anyone else have a good interpretation of this? Would love to hear what other people think before writing my own interpretation!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Cheri

I don't know, I'm really the last one to ask about interpreting dreams as mine never make any sense to me! Or I never remember them (I will try asking to remember, that could really help me these days!). Your dream sounds really interesting! Maybe you to dream of your family signifies, your about to expand yours.
Going in a different tangent -I know this sounds silly but try testing now. I did this when I was pregnant with my dd. I had symptoms, but it wasn't the right time to test (have to wait about 2 weeks after conceiving or something?), but I just couldn't wait. I bought an ept, did the test and sure enough it showed I was pregnant. But that's just me. I'm a "I have to know now" person! LOL! I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Lynn

Candy218 said...

Hi Cheri
This is what i'm thinking.....the tunnel and going through it represents you opening up to a brand new awareness...I'm thinking pregnancy.....your sister is pregnant and you are telling her not to go down the slide, because she can't while being pregnant, so you are protecting her. Maybe that's where your father and the interpretation comes in. Also you said the water slides were "scary" and you didn't want to go down them so you go to the "safer" pools, you were scared for a reason. So you're protecting yourself and your daughter and possibly new baby. 4 showing up 2 times and represents, physical limitations.....you were telling your sister not to go down the slide because there is a sign saying she can't because she is pregnant, you can't find the sign but she believes you. You know she's pregnant, you can see that...but you can't find the sign you're looking for but you know there is one.....That to me means there's no sign that you are physically pregnant (you're not growing a belly just yet)...but you are still going to follow the "pregnant" rules even though there isn't a sign. No sign being you haven't taken a test yet. I'm thinking your pregnant.....haha but what do I know.....short of the long...tunnels, you've been down them before (1st pregnancy) and now you are going down them again (2nd) 4 being physical limitations, and you holding hands with your daughter, your connected with her....almost like you are going down this path together...maybe (if you are pregnant) your daughter represents the child that you conceived??? And also the sign you can't see, but you know is there...I don't know if I'm right....but hey it was a good shot ; ) Candy

Cheri22 said...

Hi guys.. thanks for your posts about your interpretation. Sometimes its good to get outside opinions when it comes to interpreting dreams. I really like both of your suggestions and the way that you have interpreted the information.

I am at times "afraid" of what can happen when I have a new baby, the connection I am afraid I would loose with my daughter when the new baby comes. I think that its showing me that my dream of my sister is of "pregnancy" which to me means its coming, and the holding of the hands with my daughter is to show me that we will still be very much connected even after the baby is born.

And yes, although I have not taken a test, I am still following the "pregnancy rules" for just in case, even though I do not have any concrete signs other than the symptoms that can be either pregnancy or af related:)

Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I dream ALOT. And when I do dream I get total deja vu's later. I dreamed when I was about 12, that I was standing talking to someone and doing laundry in what is now I know my MIL's house. DH and I were doing laundry there one day, and I was talking to him while he stood in the kitchen. I looked at him and said, I've been in this moment before.

I have this happen alot. Is it me seeing my "path". Am I predicting things for myself?

Why when I try to dream I cant? How can I help this happen more often? Does this mean I am psychic? How can I begin to learn to tap into these things more. I enjoy it when it happens and I really would like to know and see more.

Ahhh the joys of life.