Recent Posts

Monday, September 10, 2007

Things that go bump in the night




I am not exactly sure how many of you might have experined something that you might not have been able to explain. Either passing it off as just the wind, or perhaps trying to convince yourself it was just your imagination.


My dad when he was younger, (teen years) was at a party, and in the basement of an older house in the Vancouver area. There was a bar stool located in the middle of the room, which my dad thought was a bit odd. He moved it closer to the bar out of the way, and it moved back. Started at first, he thought it was some sort of a trick, when his friend who lived there, said that it happens all of the time, and no trick. So, my dad spent most of the night moving the chair to different areas of the basement, and the minute he let go, it would move back.


I know for me, that would have scared the crap out of me, and I am the first person to admit that I would be out of the room so fast, screaming my little head off! I do know that they exist, but at this point in my life, still not ready to see "them" with my own two eyes, and still more comfortable seeing them in my mind's eye rather then in front of me.


My first experience I think , would be when I was living in Richmond, with my now husband. I was sleeping on the right side of the bed, and him on the left. I remember waking up, and looking at the foot of my bed, and there stood a man, and a woman staring down at me. They were about 3ft off the ground and in more of an older style clothes, and I remember saying "what?" out loud, and then fell back asleep. I still remember what they looked like, I can't believe I fell back asleep! I had woken my husband with my "what" but since I did not answer, neither did he.


About a year or so ago, this would be at my old house in Surrey, I had this happen on more than one occasion. When I was in the computer room doing my predictions, I heard heavy footsteps coming from my bedroom, towards the computer room. I assumed it was my husband and stuck my head around the door, which then I would have been able to see down the hall towards my room and my daughters. No one was there. I got off my chair, walked to my bedroom, both my husband and daughter were both sound asleep.


This walking in the house has happened at least 3-4 other time that I can remember. I am not sure who it is, other than feeling it was a male. No smell, and no image showed up, other than hearing the heavy footsteps.


Lately, at the house we live in now, I can be downstairs doing my predictions and I will hear "MOM" being called, in what sounds like my daughters voice.. I go upstairs, and shes sound asleep. Two nights ago I was woken up twice in the middle of the night, swearing I hear "mom" being called and then nothing after that. My husband tried to pass it off as my daughter calling me and then falling asleep, but she is the type to keep calling until I come to her room!


I know that there are plenty of signs right in front of our face, that our loved ones, or even roaming spirits are around, if we are paying attention. I do know of a few people who have had some pretty crazy experiences.. the most thing is, is try not to be afraid. I know that the more for me, sometimes I will try and talk to them, outloud, letting them know that I know that they are there. Most times I can "sense" if someone is standing close by, other times there is a certain smell. (depends on what the person really liked and chooses to show)


I would love to hear of other peoples encounters if they would like to share their stories in the posts below, or if you feel more comfortable, email me at cheri22@gmail.com with "ghost stories" in the subject line.
Just a reminder, although a "ouji" board is supposed to be just a game, I really recommend not playing with it as a way of contacting loved ones who have passed over. You never really know who your going to get.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri,

I haven't experienced the "bump" in the night, I like you would probably crap my pants. On the other hand your comment about the ouji board...brought back some childhood memories. I'm 28 now and I guess when we (my friends) and I were 14 we thought it would be cool to do the ouji board. The board itself didn't work. It was pointless we were just pushing it around being dumb. So someone had the idea or heard if you made one by taping 4 pieces of paper together and using a plastic lid with a triangle cut out for the pointer that it would work....and well it did. I could feel
the force push us to certain letters and it would circle us around and when "they" were done "they" would move us and the pointer off the paper. A lot of the times we would just get letters and we would have to figure things out. We also found out certain people (our friends) depending on who was touching the pointer we would have a lesser "force". So the one time it was just my friend and I and we had a very strong "force" and one of her boyfriends brothers had died in a drowning accident a year or so before. So the force was so strong and it moved so fast and it spelled out her name (first and last), his name (first and last) and "loves you". It was wild. We just smiled and we knew that was a great moment we had. We stopped a few weeks later because I really don't think we "should" have been doing what we were doing. But one of the last times we did it, it was me and another girl and we were in the living room and there was a lamp on the floor and all the sudden the cord fell to the floor. She screamed, my heart was in my mouth and we stopped. Don't know if it was a natural fall, or someone telling us to stop messing around. We were never disrespectful, just curious, like 14 year olds are.

Jamie said...

Hi Cheri~
How would someone figure out who their spirit guide is?

Also, how would someone know what psychic gifts they had?

Cheri22 said...

Hi Jamie
I think that you could ask someone who is more "attuned" to themselves about a spirit guides name, but for the most part, its about who you feel connected to. When I first wondered, the first names that came to mind where Tomas and Serlina. I believe Tomas has always been around, and everytime I say his name an image shows up of what he looks like. Almost like I "remember" him so to speak. When I was in the middle of the time I have been doing readings, it was then that I noticed Serlina. Shes the one who told me not to give up (for awhile there it was overwhelming with the amount of time I was putting in) and I was shown what she looks like. So I know shes meant to help me in pretty much the same way Tomas is but with different aspects of my life. (more spiritual help than what tomas provides)

As for psychic gifts, everyone has some sort of "gift" its just a matter of figuing out which ones your strong at. You just need to go with it, or try reading a few books and seeing where you feel a connection with:)

Jamie said...

Thanks for the information Cheri :-)