Recent Posts

Friday, September 21, 2007

When its your time to go....

We all know that life starts off with a new beginning .... birth, and we unfortunately know that it also ends with death. I think that we all have some sort of idea on when its our time to go. Although I can predict and approx time frame of when someone is going to go, its not something that I like to do.

I have been asked before when someone is sick, or terminal to tell them how much time their loved one has left. Although I can give a general idea, I try not to. I do not like to pinpoint the exact time frame and have people live their lives as if in countdown mode.

My MIL (mother in law for people who do not know what that is short for) has a dear friend for probably over 25 years who has cancer in quite a few places in her body. Shes been told that she is in stage 3 of her cancer. To my knowledge, unfortunately there is only up to stage 4. Its to the point where she is too far advanced for operation, and basically only has chemo and radiation to try and help "prolong" her life. Basically they told her that her cancer can not be cured, but the radiation and chemo might "help" prolong the inevitable. Death is so sad.

For me, I have a feeling that I will pass on around the age of 83. I have thought this age for a very long time, and just feel it to be right. I am hoping that its just long enough to enjoy the time with my family and friends, and watch my children and grandchildren grow up.

For connecting people with loved ones who have passed over, as morbid as it might seem to some people, is something that I actually get great joy from. There have been numerous connections that you can feel the sense of excitement and happiness come through the person who has passed over that someone has "found" them. Or was able to connect.

The way that it works for me, I do not get "words" per say to come in and tell me what to write. I am shown images or pictures in my head. Almost like I met the person previously and just explaining a memory of them that I remember. Telling you what they looked like, bits of their personality, connections to things that might "trigger' your memory of them. Perhaps a smell, a saying, or an object...etc Most times I am given a cause of death for their passing. They will make me feel connected to a certain area of my body. Like for a heart attack, they will centre around my heart area, and I have learned to interpret it to mean heart attack or even perhaps cancer of the lungs.

I think that all of us to a point are "afraid" of dying. Whether we believe in heaven, reincarnation or an afterlife. I think its because we are afraid of what or who we might miss while we are gone. I know for me, I don't want to miss a thing!

I do believe in re-incarnation, and I do believe in an afterlife. I have not seen these things for myself (Will not/can not astral travel) but have read about these places in more than one book by more than one author. (mostly Sylivia Browne)

So as most people say. Try to live your life to the fullest, and don't be afraid to take chances. In this particular life, there is one chance to live it, to learn it, and to love it. Just experience it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you want to astral travel or is there a reason you don't want to? Just curious...

I've never really lost anyone who was close to me, but I think it would be wonderful to be able to connect with a lost loved one and I do believe that people have the ability to do it.

As for dying, I am just deathly afraid that I am going to be murdered. I dunno why. I think I watch too many shows like Forensic Files and CSI. I feel so morbid lol...But, I am so paranoid about it.

Lynn said...

Hi Cheri

I myself would not like to know when I go. Like you said I don't want to live my life counting down. Its probably best to think of it as live your life like tomorrow is your last day. For me I just hope I get to see my kids grow up and enjoy their children, and my worst nightmare would be to leave them now.

For the astral travel, that really frightens me. I've read Sylvia's books on that and with her describing it and trying to get back in your body experience, that it could be a struggle, I don't think I'd ever want to experience that!

Cheri22 said...

For astral travel I have probably read a few books and afraid that while I was "gone" someone might try and get into my body before I get back in! lol. I had one close experience with it where I could feel myself leaving, but then I freak out and stop it! So perhaps its because I am not entirely sure of the "rules" involved and whether someone can sneak in, I just stay put:)

So for now its more about comfort! lol

As for murdered, perhaps it had happened in a past life and that is what you remember most. The sense of fear you had when it happened?

dawn224 said...

Fear of death is hard ... death tests all of our beliefs about the afterlife ... faith is faith because it is unproven etc etc blah blah.

And I'd just HATE to find out at the end that I've been wrong all along LOL!