Recent Posts

Sunday, July 5, 2009

congrats to ..... drum roll please

KIMBERLY! please contact Brooke777 on the lower right hand side for your winning reading. Let her know that you won my blog contest and she will take care of the rest.

Today was a very productive day for me. My husband was away camping this weekend (I DID NOT want to go, nothing there except a bunch of dirt and mosquito's that seem to always love my blood type) and he got home this afternoon. Since he was "kid free" this weekend after he unpacked his stuff, he played with the kids out in the backyard and I stayed inside. So what did I do when I had a 1/2 hour to myself?

Well, you would think that I would read one of the new books I got today.... you would think I would just sit on the couch and zone out..... or how about come online and just play on the computer?? Nope. Here is the scoop. At Christmas time, my husband was nice enough to buy me a new bath robe. It was blue with darker blue polka dots, and its fuzzy. I decided to wash it with a load of laundry. Most times I put these type of things in with the towels, but I guess I was not paying attention and washed it with HIS clothes. Fast forward to today. There were TWO shirts that were COVERED in fuzz balls because of this, and i have just had them sitting on my dresser. Yes, SINCE CHRISTMAS. So today in my 1/2 hour of "spare time" I actually used one of those fuzz removers and fixed them both. Then I decided to take a pair of my husbands shorts and sew the part that had come apart. Like a zipper part, but its Velcro. My husband notices what I am doing and starts to laugh. He can't believe that I going to 'attempt" to sew/fix these as he has never seen me sew. I told him if it works, he can't make fun of me. I made sure I did a good job (I am NOT a sewer, but I think I can mickey mouse it enough it should hold) and managed to stick myself THREE TIMES with the darn needle! (amidst laughter from my husband and my eldest wondering why I would do that to myself)

Well, I just noticed as I came and sat down, who is wearing the shorts I just fixed? Yep, my husband! So he has to keep his mouth shut about me and my sewing abilities as its obviously good to get me by!

Now onto spirit guides. I wanted to for the last week or so give you some sort of meditation abilities to connect to your guides for those of you who tried and were not successful. I will also in the next day or so touch back with the comments from that night and answer some of the questions or thoughts.

Now I was at Sylvia Browne's lecture over 2.5 years ago, but really remember this experience. She had us all sit with our eyes closed and out minds open. She wanted use to use a ribbon of light and start slowly at our feet, moving upwards and wrapping this ribbon of light around and around our bodies, moving into our organs and using this ribbon of light to wrap our organs and continue up till we got to our heads. Then she wanted us to see this path, surrounded by flowers, there were purple ones growing up along the path, there were hills of flowers all around and we were surrounded by trees. As you walk along the path, it slowly curves to your left. You come to the bend and as you come around the corner, there is the most beautiful waterfall you have ever seen, and you can hear the sound of the falls. Standing at the falls is your spirit guide. You look over and they give you a smile and you feel the touch and warmth of their embrace yet they don't touch you. You just feel at peace with them and know that this is your guides.

Now doing this exercises and visualizing it in your mind is really helpful and you will immediately be able to take in the description of your guide. Almost like its a memory of something you have remembered from before. A person you seem to recognize. Most people who have trouble with this exercises do so because they second guess what they think that they see.

Just let it come to you and don't worry about being right or wrong.. just go with it and see what happens.

For those of you that try this exercises, I would love to hear what happened for you. If you were successful with meeting with your guide or if you still had any problems/blockages. I know that even typing out what I just wrote, when I explained about your guide going to be standing there, I saw mine and felt tingles up and down my spine and arms. (the loving embrace) and just typing this now get the same loving feelings.. its great. Not everyone will experience that the first time, and might take practice. Those of you who have already opened your mind to your gift and just starting to use it might feel something, others might need practice.

For those of you who comment about your experience in the comments section, your entered to win a reading from myself. Its the bypass prediction. I will announce the winner WED to give everyone enough time to try this.

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Cheri

I tried this excercise. And i don't know if it was just me or what but I did feel a tingle up my spine. But I am really having trouble picturing my spirit guide. I close my eyes but I just get nothing. I try to see someone but I just kind of get a presence of a Jesus like persona (long hair, white gown etc.) I just feel that's what Im "supposed" to perceive and not a true depiction-- if that makes any sense. I feel that part of me is blocked. Good visualizing excercise to meditate though.

Kimberley said...

Thank you for choosing me! I can't wait to get Brooke's reading.

Cheri22 said...

Hi lynn

actually you might be shocked to know that the person your seeing is NOT Jesus but is in fact your spirit guide./ They are saying right now "jesiah". I believe he is your guide for a certain part of your life right now and not your "main" guide. but I do think that your description of him is pretty accurate:)

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to picture anything but its great to sit in quiet and just meditate :)

Lynn said...

Thanks Cheri! That's pretty cool!

Kate said...

This might sound silly but I tried this excercise while tanning- I feel like that's the only place where I can really "relax" and can't be distracted- so I pictured the waterfall and flowers and everything and there he was standing right by the waterfall, he had blonde hair and a "child like" face even though I think he is in his 30's- he looked like an angel, was very tall and pale, I approached him with peace and asked him if he was my guide he shook his head yes and replied "I'm James", as soon as he said that from out of no where another "angel like person" appeared, she was a girl, brown curly hair, big brown eyes, shy but overwhelmingly gorgeous, she didn't speak but instead James said "and that's Madeline", at that time my bed turned off and they were gone. This was trully an amazing experience.
I hope I got their names right.
Cheri- I was wondering do they always "travel in pairs"? or do some of us have one or more than 2 guides?

Cheri22 said...

Hi kate
Thanks for sharing your experinece about meeting your guides. Everyone has at least one guide as their "main" guide who will be here for their entire life. At other points in our lives, other guides will join in the efforts with helping us learn our lessons. They are here for a specific purpose to help and guide. So you met your "main" guide James, and your secondary guide Madeline. She is here for a specific purpose to help you with a situation/time in your life.

Kate said...

Thanks Cheri-
I'm hoping to be able to talk to them, can I talk to them or do they just show things? What do your guides do? Can you have a conversation with them or is it more through pictures?

Laura said...

Hi Cheri - I actually tried to connect with my guides a couple of nights ago. I was lying in bed late at night, it was really quiet (except my husband breathing loudly beside me ;))I was very relaxed and I thought I would give it a try. To be honest, not sure I had much luck. Two names popped into my head - Sarah and Jacob... but I have no idea if I did actually connect or if these were just random names that came to mind. I couldn't really visualize any faces. I think that I am a fairly intuitive person... but am definitely finding this more challenging. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Update: I couldn't seem to picture anything before but last night I was laying in bed and decided to try it again, I saw a woman only from the shoulders up and she had long flowing brown hair and she was really fair skinned, she looked like she was saying something but I couldn't hear it..what would that mean?

Anonymous said...

Cheri,
I tried this and I could never quite see the person, but after several minutes of meditation by the waterfall, a name from my childhood came to mind. We used to live next to an elderly lady named Marge. She had no children and was widowed and she thought of us kids as her grandkids. And her name popped into my head and I haven't thought of her in a very long time and really had no reason to. Any thoughts?
JandJ

Anonymous said...

Ok I tried this alone in my room, in the dark even. And I can't not seem to see anything thing, it's like there is veil over my eyes. Is there something more I can do? I'm going to try again tonight.

I have before seen "spirts" and felt like someone was with me. I would like to connect and see them,

silverfairy18@hotmail.com

Cheri22 said...

Hi Kate

My guides rely on "talking" to me through images and feelings. Not through actual conversation that you and I would have if in front of one another:)

Cheri22 said...

Hi Laura

I think that everyone second guesses themselves when first opening up their gifts and "listening" to what is being said. I think that you were given the appropriate answer and not making up random names:)

Cheri22 said...

Hi Sheena

It means that you need to relax a bit more, meditate almost and approach her closer. She was asking you to come "nearer". I believe you were a bit hesitant which is why you were only given partial visuals of her and not able to "hear" what she was saying. Try again:)

Cheri22 said...

JandJ

I think that your experinece was more of a "loved one" who has passed over and wishes to visit with you. I believe you were being told of her presence:)

Cheri22 said...

hi silverfairy

I would suggest trying in a hot bath after you have been in there for about 5-10 minutes. Use a lavender scent for the bath. I think that you will feel more relaxed, and not as much on your mind:)