Recent Posts

Sunday, July 19, 2009

A storey to share

One of my clients is kind enough to share her ttc journey with everyone. Here is her storey!

As requested my ttc journey, you are welcome to use this on the blog, obviously omitting my last name and my email address!!

I got married in Dec 2006 when both my husband and me were aged 29. We both decided to start a family straight away, which meant I never used contraception!!

A year passed, still no pregnancy, I wasn’t to worried about this but husband was. I kept thinking to myself, it will happen, just relax, another six months passed, still nothing. Went to the doctor and had to wait two months for the appointment. All they did at the first appointment was to take bloods and a sperm sample, which we had to wait another two months for another appointment. The results were I was borderline, in the words of the doctor, ‘my hormones were in the grey area, not bad, but not good either. My Hubby sperm count was a little on the low side which shocked us both because we always thought the problem was me.

Anyway the doctor suggested clomid to help things along, but before this I had to have a scan of my ovaries and a HSG ( all of which was normal)

My husband started taking vitamins to try and boost his count and we carried on trying.

I think it was at this point, I went into denial mode, I kept postponing my appointments, ( I think I did this for the whole of 2008) I cant explain how I felt but I did not want to go to these appointments, I just wanted to carry on naturally and had full faith I would get pregnant!

I must admit, we starting going through a rocky match in our marriage, the pressure of trying to conceive was getting too much for both of us. I would resent it when he would ask me if I had a positive on the ovulation test and he would hate it when I told we had to do it, no matter what!! But somehow we got through it!

Well we kept on trying and hubby sperm count improved, still nothing happened. We went to Zita West clinic where they did a comprehensive test and said that taking antioxidants would help with improving the swimmers and morphology

My husband did some research, and he started taking antioxidants including lypocene in November 2008. Around the same time, I took pregnacare conception tablets, which were supposed to help with getting pregnant. I finally convinced myself I would need to go on my appointment and start clomid. My appointment was booked for 15th May 2009.

I got my BFP on May 10 2009, I was due on the 8th May and wanted to wait a week before I tested, but could not help myself.

To say I was in shock was an understatement, I must have done a pregnancy test everyday for one week and I still find it hard to believe.

It may sound strange, but I could not let myself be happy in case something bad happened, I didn’t even want to tell my mum (but did!).

I recently has my 12 week scan and everything is progressing normal, but I am still scared to be happy. I pray everyday that my baby will be ok and safe. I don’t think I will fully relax until the baby is born!!!

All I can say to all those TTC, is to have faith, I know some women have medical issues but miracles do occur, it did for me.

I still to this day, include everyone who is TTC in my prayers, my only wish is that everyone has their wishes granted, Baby dust to all!!!


N.

Also, thanks to you all for your comments below. I am starting to look for recipes that I can freeze to make it easier for them to have meals that they can just pull out of the freezer and cook and not have to prepare! I have to be specific and make sure I find ones that are dairy free. That appears to be the only allergy.

An update for the family.. they have been released from the hospital. Her son is doing well as to be expected. The mother of course is still beside herself with worry and obviously will take some time. Shes completely on edge, ever worried that the baby will have an episode. Hopefully his medication will help. They were put in touch with a foundation that has picked up the tab for three months of supply of the medication he will need which I am sure has been a relief to them.

Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers.

2 comments:

sugarbabydoll said...

What a great story. I hope all of us TTC also get our wishes :)

Glad to see the family is doing better & that they were able to find an organization to help.
I will keep them in my prayers.

Niki said...

I love insperational stories like that! :)