Recent Posts

Thursday, July 2, 2009

its time to "get clean".

I am not sure who of you are using natural cleaners (meaning NOT full of chemicals! lol). I had previously been using things like tide, Windex, and toilet bowl cleaner and something really strong smelling to clean the bath tub. My husband works in a field where he is always coming home dirty with grinding dust and we are always trying to keep the tub clean.

Well a few weeks ago, I was at the kids swap meet (not where you swap kids, but can purchase used kids clothing for cheap!) and a woman asked me if I wanted to enter her draw. Normally I pass, as I am not one to win anything, but it was interesting and i figured what the heck. She called me two weeks later to let me know that i had won laundry soap. She came over, gave me the information about it, its all natural no chemicals at all and good for the environment. I said I would give it a try. She also gave me something that was an alternative to bleach. Figured I would try that too.

Well the next day I tried it, and i will tell you guys I will NEVER go back to anything but this stuff. My clothes felt so much nicer, cleaner, and "lighter" if you will. I immediately placed an order for this stuff called "scour off". I figured anything that would clean the bathtubs without leaving toxins in the tub when I bath my kids would be great! Well turns out, this stuff works well for other things too. I actually have tea cups, and they stain easily and its IMPOSSIBLE to get the stain out. My dad's wife actually soaked them in bleach and finally got them clean. Well I took this scour off, swiped a cloth on it with it being damp, swiped inside the cup and VOILA! It was magic! Same thing with my white kitchen sink. Most of the stains are gone and it looks even better than it did when we first moved in.

I have been so impressed with these products (and the price) that I have been basically telling everyone who will listen about my experience. This one bottle of H2 liquid was only 10.00 (Canadian) and it can literally be mixed with water and make over 5000 bottles of Windex! If you wanted to only make all purpose cleaner, it would make 200 bottles!! Can you believe that! And its all natural, no chemical smell, nothing toxic and works amazing! (and inexpensive as well)

Now that I have told you about this so far, what does it have to do with trying to conceive you might add? EVERYTHING! For those of you who are trying to conceive and so far are having delays and or been diagnosed with unexplained fertility, what if its the "environment" your in that is causing havoc? What if the chemicals you are using and breathing in, is actually causing some of your problems/delays?

If you have time, watch these videos, I found them to be VERY informative
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

The name of the company is called Shaklee. Its been around for 50 years. I am not currently selling this and so do not make any money of course off mentioning this company but I always feel that i need to pass a good thing on so that other people can have the same wonderful experience. I just might start selling it on the side as this is how much I believe in their product! It gives me a better piece of mind as well knowing that I am doing something good for myself and my family and cutting out some of the toxins in our house.

If anyone is interested in finding out more about the products, or wanting to purchase some, let me know and I can help point you in the right direction! cheri22@gmail.com just put blog post in the subject line so I can locate it.

PS, did you know that they did a study, and that 54% percent of the woman who plan/are stay at home moms are a higher risk of getting cancer than woman who work outside of the home?

if you got to the end of this post, put your name in the comment section and win a reading with BROOKE777! Winner announced on SUNDAY as usual!

17 comments:

Lisa Storm said...

Wow this stuff sounds great. I live in the uk but i'm going to see if they ship here because my fingers are quite sensitive and always flare up when i use cleaning products so this stuff could be the answer.
Lisa xxx

Andrea said...

Thanks for the information!+I've been thinking about using natural products.

Patty Deters said...

Cheri, thanks for the great information...I have been looking into using the natural products myself.

Kate said...

Yesterday I cleaned my upstairs bathroom with a strong cleaner. When I walked into my house last night I could smell it at the front door (on the first floor). I would be very interested in using natural cleaning products! Thanks for the info.

Miranda said...

Last year I tried to go all natural but found a hard time finding products that actually worked! I will totally check out this company!! Thanks Cheri!

Krystal said...

I'll definitely have to look into it and see if we can get something like that! I've been trying to use more natural cleaners as well. Half the time they do the job better and sometimes smell friendlier. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri. I have tried these products like 10 years ago and I know they are great. I even tried selling it but it did not work so I quit. Now I am not working so I can't buy but I am thinking of trying it again since chemicals are bad for me and the older I get the more it screws me up. Anyway does it work good on color too???? Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

$10 for 200 bottles is awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

dezerea said...

I have thought about trying natural products but I grew up using comet and bleach and cannot imagine giving them up. I will definatly look more into it.

Dezerea

Diana C. said...

Thats crazy! as a sahm i would end up being more likely to end up with cancer just because of the toxins in the cleaning supplies i may use, now thats something to think about!

Lynn said...

I would be interested in getting more info on the cleaning products. Sounds pretty good! Ive used Amway and melaleuca and they are great but wow major expensive! Plus getting wrangled with pyramid scheme. I will have to email you for more info!

Laura said...

Sounds really interesting. Thanks for the info. Laura

Kimberley said...

Great post. I recently tried some natural products from Norwex and I love them! It's amazing the great job they do!

Kimberley

Kate said...

Sounds great! Thanks for the info... my husband and I always try to pick "the environmentally friendly" cleaning products but we never heard of the one you mentioned, we have to check it out :) Hope you had a great 4th of July :)

ty206 said...

Sounds great!! Thanks Cheri!

Ty

Anonymous said...

Am I too late? I use some of their stuff. Got to be careful about what you use around the kiddos and pets

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info!! Maybe this unexplained infertillity thing is really related to the toxins in the air.. I have never thought about that before it will most certainly be worth a try
Thank you again