Recent Posts

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Trusting your instinct

I know that for me, listening more to my instinct seems to be more accurate than not when I just go with the first thing that comes.

Today I was shopping and bought a box of chocolates from Purdy's to take to my friend who is local to me for a gift for her for christmas, and included a few of the single santa's for her boys. I had to stop off at home to get the christmas card and figured I would just go and drop it off. My daughter wanted to stay home with my husband while he was renovating some of the garage. As I got there, I had a feeling she was not going to be home. Not even clueing in that it was my intuition (or even a premonition) I arrived there and knocked on her door. No answer. I thought of leaving it in the mailbox, but did not want it to be stolen, (shes recently had some of her christmas lawn ornaments stolen) so was trying to think of where to put it.. I ended up tucking it behind this planter, barely visible when going to her door, but felt I could go home, email her and let her know it was there.

As I was leaving and walking back to my car, I thought of perhaps moving it to her back yard, slipping it under the gate so that no one would see it.. as I got to my car, I have a vision/premonition that when I leave, shes going to show up.. again, not really clueing in right away that this is what it is, I pull out of the driveway and there she is. We are so lucky that she wasn't a smidge faster as she would have pulled into me rather than her driveway! lol (hedges block her view) It was then I realized I had been told how it would go all along and wasn't until it happened that i was able to put it together and realized what had happened again.

Thats why I always said, just go wtih your FIRST instinct. Know that your always being given the information ahead of time, and the more you listen, the more frequent it will happen and the more accurate it will be. I know if I second guess my first instinct is when I am wrong.

Could you imagine though, me, going into the backyard to put it somewhere else safe, her arriving, not knowing I was leaving a gift and coming out of her backyard! Would have been funny but embarrassing! lol.. Not sure what I would think if someone was at my house coming out of my backyard lol...

Anyways, I found this online "test" that help with intuition, and it gives you a screen and tells you how to do it. Just basically picking 0 or 1 and seeing how many times you are right. Again, dont think about the answer, just say it, and go for it:)

http://bsprnet.com/bspr/psi_test/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I was doing that right lol...