Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Open Blog Night - Pregnancy update

as per the last open blog, someone requested an update my on pregnancy.

I am currently 17weeks and 1 day along right now, my last Dr appt was on the 6th of December, where he tried to listen to the heartbeat. After him looking for a few minutes and not finding it, I did start to worry abit and ask him if this was bad news. He said "nope, lets just continue, I am sure we can find it". Within a minute, he found it! I was relieved. He said that the baby was higher up than where he was looking and appeared to be right below my belly button. I did realize that this is where it was before, because the sporadic movements I felt were located there, but never thought of mentioning that to the dr!

My U/S appt is on December 27, I am hoping that I can bring my daughter with me so that she can see the baby. My husband is undecided if he wants to come. Although he is excited about the baby, the appt is 1.5hour drive from our house, and he more than likely would have to work that day, which takes MIN 4 hours from his work day. So we will see. This is the only location close to here that will tell you the gender of the baby. My Husband and I would like to know this time to plan things. I kept every little thing I had from my daughter, so if its a girl I have the clothes from newborn till 4 years, but if it turns out to be a boy, I'd like to do something with the girl clothes and go and get some boys. So would be nice to know.

Unfortunately here in BC, they will NOT tell you the gender at your U/S Appt, you have to wait one week for the information to get to your DR and then you will find out. Reason, is due to the multicultural part of BC, some ethnic groups have aborted due to to a certain gender being present. So they made a new law out here. Most U/S will not tell you the gender anymore, so if you really want to find out, you have to search out there to find one that will. So once i know what it is, I will post it here in my blog so that everyone knows.

According to my MIL though, no one will care when the baby is born, if everyone knows the gender :(. I told her that it upset me when she said that, but according to her, I have no reason to be mad/upset, as its only her opinion.. but when I give her my opinion, its considered "nit picking" at her.. anyone else find this unfair?

I still have not talked to my Mother in law since the last phone call that she hung up on me. I refuse to make the call.. I believe i tried two times already, and know its up to her to do so. Its sad really, that she can't get past herself to try and make amends. Although I would never stop a relationship with her and my daughter, what she has to realize is that I AM PART OF THIS FAMILY, and that to be able to continue with her relationship with my daughter she has to accept that, which means, that she has to be civil nice. We dont have to be best friends, we dont even have to go out together or talk.. but for my daughter and my husbands sake, we do have to co-exist and get along.

Today I am having an "emotional" day as I am always very polite and a happy person, always looking on the positive side, and I hate having conflict with people so it tends to really get me down.. But I am NOT going to be this womans doormat anymore, nor will I let her treat my husband that way either. (she is ALWAYS telling him what to do in OUR House, and it has to stop) So here I am at home, trying to just relax and take it easy. I am doing emails and will do what i can today before going to get my daughter:)

Okay, so as you know, Open blog night is about what you want to discuss. Is there something that has been bugging you about a dream? Perhaps something in your life that confuses you and you want help to figure out how it works, or how it can change? Or perhaps there is a part of your gift you want to explore more, and you would like more guidance? Just post in the comments section and perhaps your topic will be next weeks open blog night.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Cheri,

Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well, and sorry that the relationship with your mother law is pretty stressed to say the least. Boy she sounds like a dandy doesn't she? You wonder what makes some people tick.

At one time, Didn't you say you had a prediction done regarding the sex of your baby? If so,what did they tell you (if you can divulge that) it was going to be?

Thanks,
Lynn

Memarie Lane said...

That is absolutely not true. Whether people know the gender or not, they will be very happy and excited when the baby is born. In my experience finding out ahead of time actually generates more interest in the pregnancy and the naming process.

Anonymous said...

Geeze Cheri,
I think your MIL is in competition with mine for the WORST MIL AWARD!

I agree finding out the sex generates more interest and bonding. Because we know what it is, usually it's name, and can feel connected when buying gifts or discussing the baby. My dh and I are planners and we found out what our children were as soon as we could. Not one person had anything negative to say about it.

I look forward to your U/S update and hope that they will be able to tell us if your on the pink or blue team.

Hang tough! She should be the one apologizing and compromising. I'm sorry that she is pulling this during the holidays and stressing you out. Big HUG!

Unknown said...

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

How excited you're finding out the gender soon! Do keep us posted. :)

Cheri22 said...

I have had a few predictions done. Cheri Mancuso and Brooke777 have both predicted for me and both said BOY for this pregnancy. I also had a vision before I even got pregnant, of two kids, one was a girl and the second was a boy. Girl had darker brown hair, the son had lighter colored hair and it was curly. My husband I were walking on this grass field, husband on my far left, then daughter then son then myself. The kids seemed to be spaced about 5 y ears, oldest was obviously in soccer based on what she was wearing and where we were going. My daughter is 4.5, and will be 5 when baby is born (EDD May 22) and she has CURLY hair, so wondering now if the next kid would as well. Because I can't read myself I waver back and forth. I would like to believe the vision I had was accurate as its still very vivid in my mind all the details even though it was over 6 years ago I guess I had it. Not to mention that Brooke777 and Cheri Mancuso both said boy, withouth knowing what i had seen or any information about each other and what was told previously... so I guess we will find out in a few weeks.

Thanks also for the MIL comments. I just wish dealing with her was easier.. but it can't go back to the way it was. It just can't!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheri,

Can you do something next week about intuition?