Recent Posts

Monday, May 19, 2008

Just another day in the life of... umm...me lol

Well time for a bit of an update from me! Things here are still going as well as can be expected. I am 39 weeks, and so ready for baby. As from my last updates, I am sure that you all know that for some reason every few days I seem to somehow hurt myself! Gone from coughing so much and pulling a muscle in my back, to then my tail bone hurting, then my sides, and now, I have managed to pull my groin muscle and its driving me crazy! This has lasted the longest so far (over a week) and seems to have me more "limited" with movement. I dont recall actually hurting myself or what I could have done to aggravate myself in that area, but my husband insists, its something fluky that can just happen!

So, walking is sometimes out of the question for longer periods of time, bending over to pick things up is very hard, as these two things, really aggravate it later in the evening to the point where I can barely walk. I am not the type that just wants to sit like a bump on the log and do nothing (as sitting seems to be the only thing that does not bother it) and its harder to get motivated to clean around here, or play with my daughter or take her out, as the more I do, the worse its later in the night. Like a charlie horse only in your area that you dont want to have that happen!

So I invited my Sister in law to come and clean the house. Told her I wanted the 'family discount" and would pay her a bit less than her normal going rate. I could call my Mother in law over and ask for her help, which I know she would gladly do (one of the nice things about her that I can't complain about) but by doing that, shes going to expect to visit with us and I am just not in the mood for company for the period of time she would plan on staying here! I can do the little things around her, like laundry, or tidying up, doing dishes, its the sweeping/mopping of the floors, the vacuuming and cleaning/scrubbing that I just can't do, or I would pay for it later!

I also have to admit, that I googled how to get labor started naturally! lol. I am so ready for this baby to come out its not even funny! I am not going to try what was listed, but was certainly ready enough I entertained the thought!

I do have some ttc tips to post later this week, as well as another encounter storey from some of the readers that I think that everyone will enjoy reading.

Tomorrow is "open blog night" where I can go over anything that someone wants to know more about, subjects or information...etc.. All you have to do is either post in the comments section and list the subject you hope to have covered, or email cheri22@gmail.com with "BLOG COMMENT" in the subject line to locate it easier.

5 comments:

Just Crystal and Ryan..For now said...

Cheri,

My mother took caster oil (and orange juice) twice with two of my sisters. She had one within a few hours and the other the next morning. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri,

I hope the baby comes soon. You sound like you've been through a lot. I have a question, I'm not sure if you mentioned this or not in an earlier post. Does you MIL (or other inlaws) know about you "abilities"? If so, do you ever think one day she'll find your blog and read it.....lol?

Anonymous said...

If the MIL doesn't know, I hope she never finds it, lol.

I also hear Caster Oil works. That or get to walkin' little lady! Or, BD ... hehehe. You are almost there. You should deliver on the 24th ;) haha

Jamie said...

I completely understand wanting the baby to come! I was soooo uncomfortable and sore I didn't want to do anything but lay around.

Unfortunately, if your body isn't ready nothing you do will make [real] labor come.

If, however your body is teetering on entering early labor and you're already dilating (I don't know because you haven't posted if you're dilated, effaced, etc) try sex. Semen contains a substance known as prostaglandins, which will help soften the cervix.

Another way is to try walking, better if you can walk up/down stairs. It can help start labor because the baby's head is pressing on the cervix.

I wouldn't try Castor oil, especially if you haven't started to dilate. I've heard more instances of it NOT working and the women getting horrible digestive issues like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea along with bad intestinal cramping.

Cheri22 said...

I am too chicken to try castor oil! lol. I brought it to my sister as per her request when she was pg with her son, she took it, and ended up puking lol. So nope, not here! I dont plan on doing something that might cause harm and really want this labor to just start on its own, but was looking for ways of encouraging it to happen sooner or later. I have definately gotten the sex part down, as I keep pestering dh who is only too happy to comply, and walking, well, I do as much as I can. If I do too much, all I get is a very sore groin muscle that spasms like crazy.

In regards to my MIL (and other family memembers) yes, they are aware of my gifts, and what I am doing to help people, but my MIL does NOT have the name of my site, or the name I post as (cheri22) and would not be able to locate the blog unless someone gave her a direct link. I know that my mom and her husband have access to the blog as they put the link on my site for people to find it, but not sure if they visit or not:)

If my MIL finds the site, then perhaps it will open her eyes. Things I have posted on here, are similar to what I have said to her. Perhaps a bit more upfront and honest, but I just dont think that she "gets it" on how i feel. Everyone else does! lol