Recent Posts

Friday, May 23, 2008

Hey everybody get laid get...PREGNANT!

not sure if everyone knows the "real" word that goes with this song, but I think that the word pregnant is alot more fitting for this blog! lol. Okay, they do kinda go hand in hand, but I believe its a "nicer" word than what is "supposed" to be there.

My blog contest is still running until tomorrow morning when I will come in and announce the winner. I felt that perhaps with all of the amazing tips for trying to concieve that were posted, that I would copy and paste them into this entry so that anyone would be able to see them without having to goto the comments section of the blog contest post. Hopefully some of you will find these entries really interesting, perhaps you didn't know, or try it before, and its always good to have more information as long as you dont become obsessive about it:)

here we go... posts were edited to exclude names and emails, and only includes the actual tips:)

Have enjoyable sex!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds easy... But I know we get so stressed out about TTC we forget that sex can and should be fun..

Here is my Tip To help increase your mans swimmers try using Maca it is a root of a plant in Peru and can be bought in your health stores it is also very good for balancing female hormones there is alot of information about it on the net

I think the tip that helped me when ttc'ing was taking your basal body temperature every morning before getting out of bed. If you chart it for a couple of months, you will probably see a pattern of a spike in temperature (ovulation). Have sex just before the spike in temperature (the day before).

Check out your BMI. I had to GAIN weight to help me conceive! Never would have thought about that!And I did love the acupuncturist during my ttc days. She helped me regulate some hormone issues and helped me relax. It was well worth the money...

My tip is to make sure you are eating a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, and make sure you are eating either 3 good meals a day, or 5-6 small ones.

I've been doing this for almost 2 years by myself, so I have LOTS of tips and tricks. I will only post a few so that others can have a chance, though.In order to conceive, your CM has to be favorable. Some things that help with CM:Mucinex/Robitussin: It helps to thin out CM and make it more abundant. Take in the couple of days before O with lots of water.Evening Primrose Oil: Take only between AF and O, and stop after you ovulate.Green tea: It's best to drink the unsweetened kind, also between AF and O.Grapefruit juice (unsweetened) and baby carrots.And if all else fails, try PreSeed, it's a sperm friendly lubricant.

Another product to increase male fertility is to take "FertilAid for Men." I found it on early-pregnancy-tests.

You should always keep an eye on your cervical mucous. You will notice that your cervical mucous will pick up several days before ovulation. When your cervical mucous starts to look like egg white and becomes really slippery, this is the best time to get pregnant.Also taking Chasteberry can help fertility.

Read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility!" it will open your eyes! It talks about basal body temps, cervical positions, your cervical fluid and how to really time your cycles. It can tell you if you are ovulating or have a luteal phase defect. After a few months of charting I could tell something was off. Went to the doctor and sure enough I wasn't ovulating.

I am going to go with using the positive thinking exercises previously covered on this blog.If you haven't tried these make sure you do!Visualize conception and tell yourself it will happen!

After having intercourse go lay down afterwards and lift your legs up and not move right away. so the sperms can get close enough to the cervix. Also another tip that does help ...Which i noticed is drinking green tea. I drank regular green tea and it help immensely with my cervical mucous. Hope that helps.

Along with eating a healthy diet and taking your vitamins...Soy Isoflavones can help with ovulation. It works similar to clomid and can be taken help induce ovulation.Dana

I think it's really important to keep the mindset that "what will be will be". I think sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves and this stress can make our bodies act abnormally...making it really difficult to conceive. I think if you are feeling stressed about trying to conceive, just take a breath and think to yourself...it will happen when it's meant to happen.

I have PCOS, I have found Vitex has helped me conceive a couple times in the past. It's all about starting at a low dose and working your way up until your body finds what works for it and patience is key with any herb or alternative.

0 comments: