Recent Posts

Monday, September 29, 2008

My pet peeve of the day...

I am sure that some of you can totally relate, but I am really annoyed at this that I just need to vent and get it off my chest... my pet peeve... litterbugs... and not just your "average" ones, but the ones that feel the need to throw their trash out of the window while on the hwy. I live in a town and to get to my mom or sisters house in the "city" is about 45-1hour drive. And you need to use this hwy to get there.... well, in the middle is this large grassy area that separates the two sections of hwy (one for coming and the other going! lol) Anyways, as you drive by its a fairly boring hwy, and so sometimes you might look over at the middle or what not as you go along your way. There is white "trash" all over the place, and against the green background (grass) its very apparent what it is and looks horrible. About 6 months ago it was really bad. The city sometimes will have the "work and learn" type program for inmates come and they clean up the hwy area, and they just did that, and now its a mess all over again. I can't believe this!

I really do not understand why people chuck things out of their windows? Why not just keep it in the car, and either at the next gas station, or something, put it in their garbage if they can't make it home to put it there? I understand with things like biodegradable stuff (like apples and what not) but plastic?

Just drives me crazy! I have been driving behind people and watched people throw out coffee cups! It frustrates me. I am to the point where I am tempted to pull along side of them and start wagging my finger at them! lol. They have a littering fine out here, but I guess there has to be a police officer close by to actually see them throw it out the window!

I am trying to teach my daughter, and the baby when shes old enough that littering is "wrong". So please, if you are a "litterbug" perhaps think twice about where that piece of trash ends up when you toss it out of the window....perhaps keep it in your car for that 5 min more and put it where it really belongs.. in the garbage, rather than littering the world with garbage.

1 comments:

Jules said...

It's one of my biggest pet peeve's too! I sometimes wish I could pick up the garbage that people throw out and then throw it back in their cars - just to see how they like it.

I was so disgusted a couple of years ago - I was driving to work and the idiot beside me threw his cigarette out the window...INTO MY CAR!!!! I was so p*ssed off - and after I tore a strip off him, I'm pretty sure he didn't do that again! lol