Recent Posts

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pineapple juice.. a "no no" when ttc?

I am researching things on the Internet to bring to everyone information on how to get pregnant, and came across this tid-bit.

Pineapple Juice
Usage: There is an old wives' tale floating around that pineapple juice will help a fertilized egg implant. However, pineapple juice is not recommended for use in TTC and/or pregnancy. In large doses, it can cause uterine contractions and bring on spontaneous abortions (miscarriage).
Recommended Dosage: Drink only in small quantities, if at all.
Food Sources: Pineapples.
Side Effects: Large doses may cause uterine contractions, miscarriage, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash, very heavy menstrual periods. Unripe pineapple is poisonous, causing excessive diarrhea.

Now this can seem kinda scary, and makes me wonder what other foods might contribute to the m/c that women might experience. So with this being said, stay away from pineapple juice just in case! lol

Anyone heard of this, or know of other foods/drinks that might have these kind of side effects?

2 comments:

Jenavy21 said...

I have never heard of the pineapple juice thing. I lived in Hawaii while I was pregnant and craved Pineapple juice and anything else pineapple and my DD is now 2 1/2.

Anonymous said...

Hmm! Pineapple is consider a super alkanizer. Type O+'s are consider very Acidic my ph is 4.5 Pineapple is great when ttc(boy) and is good source of potassium.. Everthing in moderation is best. But you might me into something. Last year I was having very painfull heavy menstrual periods I was drinking lots of Dole Pineapple Orange every other day for months. I dont know.

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/